2,112 results
All reviewsjazz museumcookies and milkfrench quarterquaint hotelchain hoteltwo blocksrooms are smallwalked everywherehigh ceilingsthe location is perfectmardi grasjackson squarepoolsgregorycharmnolaburgundy
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Firstly, we booked direct, rather than the likes of Booking.Com. Who were more expensive, and I’m sure we got a better room by booking direct. Problem was, we didn’t get an email confirming booking, I had to call the US from the UK (All was ok). The context of this review is, after 4 days in the US we arrived with colds and not feeling 100%. So what a relief it was to see the lovely setting, courtyards, and our room. They were all so comfortable. For about 3 days of our 7 night stay we really needed this comfort, to get over our illness. The bed was lovely and big and comfortable, room was a good size, and bathroom spacious and clean. Room did have some stains on the carpet, but was clean throughout our stay. Our room had no windows, as do most I think, this was no problem as if we needed a bit of air, we opened the door, to get a nice view of the business district beyond and breeze. Slight mishap with the towel rail which fell away, was quite loose. This was repaired promptly after advising. T.V. was good, but what was on it was not (not hotel’s fault). We loved coming back from a days exploring to the pool and courtyard, with coffee, milk and cookies. We had a very welcome quiet stay, the location is fantastic, being far enough from the mayhem of Bourbon St to be peaceful. But still easy walking distance to everything. We spent a lot of time at the hotel, but that was a joy with all it’s wonderful character, you really get a feel you are in the heart of the French Quarter! Not for you if you like modern generic hotels, but we loved the environment there. Breakfast was ok. Grits are not for me, quite tasteless. Could have done with some fruit to break it up a bit. We just got something from the handy grocery store opposite. What we did not like was the plastic throwaway cutlery, plates and cups. Not even recycled, quite a shock to us, but this seems to apply to a lot of areas of the States. Scant disregard for the environment. Seems a cultural thing
more than the hotels’ fault. But what a chance to make a change Hotel St Pierre! The gentleman who looked after us at breakfast was very friendly and kind, a real asset to the hotel. We had a few problems using the hotels’ safety deposit box (for our passports), they didn’t seem to know very well how well they worked. Got there in the end though. Check in and out was fine, gentleman who took our bags up very good. We conveniently booked an excursion to the swamp tour (highly recommend), through the hotel, with the receptionist. One thing, this was the first day we felt better, and with some relief I started to explain this to the receptionist, ie thanking them for the comfortable room and explaining us not feeling too well previously. Very strangely she just blanked me, and went off to do something else. Again, may be a cultural thing, where in the US customer service service people seem fine with a general ‘have a nice day’, but are not comfortable with more in depth interaction. One little test of mine is whether staff at check out asks if we had a nice stay, but nothing asked. We believe this should be done. When logging into use the Wi-fi you’re asked to do a Trip Advisor review, happy to do so, but also ask face to face if you want feedback. These are just little niggles, and hope they’re constructive. One tip, instead of using the tourist buses, use the streetcar system. It’s much more fun, and only $3 a day using a ‘jazzy pass’. We would heartily recommend The Hotel St Pierre for a stay in New Orleans, a real authentic NOLA experience. You will not regret it if you love your hotels boutique and with character. PS Unfortunately we saw no ghosts!

Room Tip: We loved our room 124 ‘Joe Robicheaux’
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Vickie P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel St. Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

BISMO,
Thank you for a wonderful read! I have passed on all of your feedback to the entire management team to review. Please know that we appreciate all of your comments and suggestions, as we are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience.
We hope you return to the St. Pierre so that we may provide you with the excellent all around service we know you deserve.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Having never stayed at this location in New Orleans, I called the hotel before arriving to ask a few questions regarding the pool and courtyard. I had the unpleasant experience of speaking with Mignon. When I ask about a garden/courtyard she LAUGHED at me. She was totally rude and made me feel very embarrassed for asking. She then, in a manner I never thought I would hear out of a costumer service employee, said of course they have a courtyard, you have to walk through it to get the lobby. I know this is in New Orleans and I should not expect to much, but to laugh at a potential guest over a question regarding the property seems totally uncalled for. As someone who had managed hotels before, this behavior is the prime example of what NOT to do on the phone. Thanks for helping me narrow down where I should not stay while visiting your city.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Vickie P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel St. Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Meg,

I certainly apologize for the experience you received on your recent call. The employee you mention in the review is a long term employee and we have never had anything like this in the past with her. I will discuss your comments with her. The only explanation I can think of is that perhaps the call came in when we were very busy (which is not an excuse). I am so sorry that you will not be choosing our hotel and I hope you enjoy your trip to NOLA!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I loved this place. I want to come back and bring my daughter. It is in the French quarter and close to everything. It is actually a group of cottages with a main house. My room was across the street so it was like having my own little apartment right on burgandy street. The staff was amazing. Keith got me a place to eat where he knew the staff personally and they treated me very well. The place has surprising nooks and two swimming pools that just appear around corners. It is funky and fun!! Thanks to everyone for making my stay so magical.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear ANebel1,
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel and for the shout out to Keith at the front desk. He is truly one of the BEST! We appreciate the positive scores. See you next time.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

What couldn't be said about this hotel this? St.Pierre was very welcoming starting with the front desk staff Ms.Mignon who made sure that we were very comfortable throughout our stay. The hotel is in the heart of the french Quarter it's colse to everything so there's no need for a car most places are in walking distance. The services was impeccable we loved everything. The lovely Ms Joann keep our room clean everyday. Breakfast was serviced in the lobby every morning by Ms.Dominique who happens to be very wonderful.... I would recommend this hotel to anyone that want visit New Orleans

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear samdamn12,
We greatly appreciate your taking the time to share this delightful feedback. Our hotel consistently strives to provide the best experience our guests have always imagined by offering the highest level of customer service possible. We are excited to share your inspiring comments with the team, especially Mignon, Joann and Dominique!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The staff was courteous and friendly. They shared local tips and were very approchable and genuine. The room was much nicer than we anticipated with a comfortable bed and a spacious room and bathroom.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Josephpellegrin,
Thank you for providing us with feedback in regards to your most recent stay. We hope to see you on your next visit to Nola!