“Good food ”

Price range: US$3 - US$12
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Café Beignet is known for their made-to-order Beignets, a puffy pillow of fried dough dusted with powdered sugar, and café au lait. But there is so much more! Coffees both hot and cold range from simple to flavored, a pastry counter is filled with sweet delights, and hot foods for both breakfast, lunch, dinner and sandwiches can be ordered at the counter. A sister establishment is a courtyard on Bourbon Street with live music all day.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had to walk away from the hype of Bourbon St and stumbled upon this sweet little place. The muffalettas were yummy! They have a nice little courtyard for sitting outside, and a street saxophonist was playing relaxing music right outside the restaurant. People were raving about the beignets but we were there for lunch so unfortunately didn’t try them.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,446)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

So, a Beignet is a simple little pastry which if done correctly, is delightful and if done incorrectly, isnt't worth putting in your mouth. I know, I know, there are a lot of visitors to New Orleans that run to that old historic place on Decatur Street for their first Beignet. I didn't! I'm glad. I was walking through the French Quarter just sort of soaking up the history of the most beautiful city of New Orleans. There are so many things to do and see and so many food venues that it's hard to decide which to visit and sample whats available. I hadn't really pondered the Beignet very much. I had cooked my own version back home in NC and received high praise from locals from N O. So, it just wasn't on my mind at all. However, by chance we strolled past this little place on Royal called Cafe Beignet. Cafe Beignet, Cafe Beignet! It had such a delightful name that sort of floats off the tongue. So, I stepped in and ordered a half dozen. The cost was fair and the wait was short. The pastry was hot and fresh and so delightfully delicious. On that same day, we strolled by that place on Decatur. Wow, was I disappointed. Cafe Beignet was far superior.

AdrienneGLNOSC, Public Relations Manager at Cafe Beignet on Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Glad you found us and we hope you return. We take pride in cooking to order so they are freshly made and served to each guest.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The beignets came out hot and coffee was great. When going to cafe beignet - just get the beignets. Pass on the other breakfast items - expensive and not worth it! This place was a great atmosphere. We all loved our beignets!!!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped in tonight for beignets after a visit to Preservation Hall. Beignets we're very dense and doughy - not tasty at all. Each of us took a couple of bites and then threw the remainder away. Typically, we fight over these when we're at the competitor. Service was not rude but definitely not friendly. $2.99 for ice tea in a plastic cup smaller than a solo cup and mostly ice to boot was high even for the quarter. Disappointing. Won't be back.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The beignet (a fried dough eaten hot sprinkled with confectioners' sugar) is one of the most famous desserts/pastry in New Orleans. Café Beignet is a small and wonderful coffee shop located on Royal Street, where you will enjoy a delicious coffee with some beignets. You even can seat inside or in its beautiful court yard. It will take you around 20 minutes; you won't regret it.