“Best Seafood Dinner!”

Basin Seafood & Spirits
Reserve with OpenTable
Basin Seafood & Spirits is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #188 of 2,143 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Our fifth night in NOLA and the best food we've had so far!

Tired of the noise and excitement of the French Quarter, we went looking for a quiet seafood dinner. Basin Seafood was just down the road from where we were staring so we gave it a try.

It's a basic, unassuming Uptown restaurant with a not extensive menu. But what's on the menu is amazingly outstanding.

The four of us shared various appetizers-crawfish Mac & cheese, Brussels sprouts, crab and lobster beignets, octopus ceviche salad, crab and corn bisque and charbroiled oysters.

Basin Seafood is absolutely worth trying even if you have to go a little out of your way!

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank briand471

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This is a quick place for a quick, light lunch. The Brussels sprouts and pickled beet salad are a light interlude between a full breakfast and an evening out in the Crescent City. A little musty smelling in the back room, but good service and again light and quick.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This trip come with the opportunity to try oysters at Basin Seafood and Spirits. I loved them. We had a tray of grilled oysters that we shared as an appetizer along with a drink. This was our prelude to a late lunch at another restaurant on Magazine Street (my favorite Street in New Orleans). The oysters are delicious and I will definitely get some more on the next trip. The server and staff were all excellent and I highly recommend.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

The first time I went to Basin was a little over two years ago on a whim with my girlfriend. We were looking for a brunch spot and Basin came up on some google list. I have been hooked since that day. I've taken my mom and grandma there for Mother's Day, my husband there for our anniversary and plenty of days in between. In my opinion, they have one of the best brunches in the city (those mimosas will get you right!) and their seafood selection is fresh and extremely well prepared. I got a whole redfish here once that was so well prepared my husband and I have been trying to recreate it for MONTHS. When ever my husband and I are in doubt about what to eat, it has got to be Basin. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

I ate with a group of friends we ordered several items all was good nothing outstanding. If you are close it would be a good place to eat but I wouldn't go out of my way to get here