“W.O.W.”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Arts District / Warehouse District
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I took a little weekend trip to New Orleans. We ate at some of the typical tourist spots. We were not impressed with the foods. After walking around the World War II museum we decide to venture out to find a little nibble. We ended up finding this place just right up the road (a block away from the museum). Best food we ate our entire trip. The nachos were to die for. I had a deep-fried rotisserie chicken that was beyond delicious with super crunchy non-battered skin. My husband had A pork sandwich with the ends of the pork char-grilled to crunchy perfection, he was in heaven. All of her food was really really really good. Can't wait for another weekend trip to New Orleans just eat here.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Loved the ribs and the brisket! The fun painted picnic tables and the overall atmosphere made this a good place to visit with the family. They have lots of seating outside too!

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I love going to places the locals eat and I am pretty sure Ugly Dog fits the bill. Dark bar with picnic tables to dine in. You place your order at the bar and are given a buzzer to pick up your food at a side kitchen window. The food was alright. I ordered the specialty of the house, homemade coleslaw and was surprised by what I got. It was large chunks of cabbage in a brown gravy. I can't say I liked it that much, but it sure was a unique recipe. The pulled pork was a bit overlooked and dry. The house BBQ sauce was execellent.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Friendly bar. You order your food and take a buzzer. Large selection of beers from around the world - not cheap though. We had the Taco and the Ugly Dog - both very good and big portions.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Got the pulled pork, sausage with the mac and cheese and the Cole slaw. First off, never smelled smoke in the restaurant. Must be smoking the meat at another location and bringing to this one. First bad sign. The pulled pork was the worst I've had in a while. Big pieces of grizzle fat with big pieces of dry pork. No bark and no viable smoke ring. The sausage was ok, nothing special. The mac and cheese looked and tasted like craft mac and cheese, enough said. The cole slaw was different and had a unique flavor. Not enough for me to make a second trip. Also the cheddar biscuit tasted and looked like it came from Red Lobster. Too many BBQ joints that are close that are much better, Blue Oak for example.

1  Thank chodgson24