“Straight roadhouse BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Arts District / Warehouse District
Reviewed 16 December 2015

You can’t beat their dressed beans and the coleslaw is great – big chunky pieces wonderfully flavored. Which meat do you put with it? I’m always going for the spareribs. There are some days when the roasted chicken is a good alternative. I sat next to a man who told me it was the best $15 steak in the entire U.S. I don’t know, I haven’t had one yet. With reasonable prices for all their alcohol – beer, mixed drinks and an outdoor café. local flavor all the way

1  Thank urc

Reviewed 14 December 2015

We sat outside and watched the grill guy. Huge slabs of great looking meats being plied. The ribs were fabulous! Not much to look at but they are good at what they do.

1  Thank nanimoe
Reviewed 7 December 2015

First one to arrive around 11am. Ordered stuffed baked potato, chilli and the nachos w/chicken.
Baked potato wasn't cook, hard raw potato, returned to server and didn't pay for it. Chili was served luke warm, taste was alright nothing special or too die for. Nachos, well its chips and cheese with toppings...can't mess that up to much.
I made a point to go there since I've had them at a saints tailgating party they catered, completely disappointed, won't waste my time again.

Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

We had lunch with our friends after a visit to the World War Two museum. I had the BBQ sliders with fries, they were very good. My wife's burger was great. We shared onion rings as an appetizer, they were also good. My ticket for the sliders, burger and two sweet teas was $28.00.

1  Thank Rob H
Reviewed 22 September 2015

Fun place to watch a game, but be careful what you order. Ribs are parboiled before being finished. Hence just ok and their definition of a half a slab leaves much to be desired and must come from pygmy pigs! Fried pickles are good but you get order 15 pickle chips for $5; again rather pricey and skimpy. If your coming just for Q head to the Joint in Bywater instead.