“Great Pasta! No sweet tea.”

La Madeleine Bakery Cafe & Bistro
Ranked #871 of 2,063 Restaurants in New Orleans
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ate here today. All of the employees were very nice and helpful.

I ordered the Pasta La Madeleine. It was really good. You can get chicken or shrimp with it. I got the chicken. It's made with a mushroom cream sauce that has an awesome flavor and the tomatoes added a nice burst of flavor too.

My wife got the chicken salad on a croissant. You can tell that the croissants are freshly made for sure. It was super flaky and flavorful.

I just wish they had some sweet tea. In New Orleans, sweet tea is a must.

Overall good experience and awesome food. Get the pasta

Reviewed 5 August 2017

If you've had your fill of fried seafood and heavy sauces, stop by any of these restaurants and enjoy delicious soups, tasty sandwiches and yummy pastries. The dining rooms are always clean and inviting, although the tables are close together - difficult for handicapped access. The place on Saint Charles is at the end of a nice streetcar ride and in the winter the fireplace is roaring and its a great spot to relax and watch the world go by.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Came here after a movie for some soup & dessert around 7:40 pm. While there were customers here, it looked like the place was closed. (I even asked employees twice if they were closed.)
Pastry display had about 10 items to choose from & 3/4 of car was empty. Employees behind counter were laughing & talking with each other. I had to ask to be served while standing in front of the soup station. 2 potato galettes were on the "keep warm" station & the one I got was ice cold.
Wanted some ice tea, but 3 prior customers were at cashier reporting that they tried all 3 canisters of tea, but they were "thick & syrupy. " is tea supposed to be thick?
Very disappointed with all aspects here tonight. Got a 3 star ONLY because the tomato basil soup was delicious as usual!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

I'm a longtime fan of La Madeline and, although I usually frequent the one on St. Charles, this is a good location as well.

I stopped in for my usual- a bowl of their delicious tomato basil soup which, paired with bread, is pretty much the perfect meal. It was as good as ever and I lucked out because there wasn't much of a crowd on the evening I was here.

My one complaint about this location is that the parking lot is awful. There is one way in and one way out, and if you miss your chance to turn in, you are pretty much screwed. In fact, all of the parking lots in this little area are bad, but I digress. Just have your wits about you, when you get here because if you miss your turn, you're done.

1  Thank Marielle S
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Serendipity led us to La Madeleine - a chance exit from the Garden District streetcar looking for a light lunch. We found a charming cafe with a helpful and efficient staff, and a choice of wondrous looking sandwiches, soups, pastries and desserts. We picked, then split, the most marvelous sandwich - the Croque Monsieur, and were more than pleased. It was large enough for two and I have to say it was the best sandwich of our trip. Tasty, warm, creamy and a delight to the palate. We paired it with a salad and added a dark chocolate dessert. So glad we exited the streetcar when we did! Thanks to the staff for a wonderful experience.