“Disappointing”

La Madeleine Bakery Cafe & Bistro
Ranked #870 of 2,063 Restaurants in New Orleans
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Came here after a movie for some soup & dessert around 7:40 pm. While there were customers here, it looked like the place was closed. (I even asked employees twice if they were closed.)
Pastry display had about 10 items to choose from & 3/4 of car was empty. Employees behind counter were laughing & talking with each other. I had to ask to be served while standing in front of the soup station. 2 potato galettes were on the "keep warm" station & the one I got was ice cold.
Wanted some ice tea, but 3 prior customers were at cashier reporting that they tried all 3 canisters of tea, but they were "thick & syrupy. " is tea supposed to be thick?
Very disappointed with all aspects here tonight. Got a 3 star ONLY because the tomato basil soup was delicious as usual!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

I'm a longtime fan of La Madeline and, although I usually frequent the one on St. Charles, this is a good location as well.

I stopped in for my usual- a bowl of their delicious tomato basil soup which, paired with bread, is pretty much the perfect meal. It was as good as ever and I lucked out because there wasn't much of a crowd on the evening I was here.

My one complaint about this location is that the parking lot is awful. There is one way in and one way out, and if you miss your chance to turn in, you are pretty much screwed. In fact, all of the parking lots in this little area are bad, but I digress. Just have your wits about you, when you get here because if you miss your turn, you're done.

1  Thank Marielle S
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Serendipity led us to La Madeleine - a chance exit from the Garden District streetcar looking for a light lunch. We found a charming cafe with a helpful and efficient staff, and a choice of wondrous looking sandwiches, soups, pastries and desserts. We picked, then split, the most marvelous sandwich - the Croque Monsieur, and were more than pleased. It was large enough for two and I have to say it was the best sandwich of our trip. Tasty, warm, creamy and a delight to the palate. We paired it with a salad and added a dark chocolate dessert. So glad we exited the streetcar when we did! Thanks to the staff for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Delicious quick lunch during shopping. Parisian Chicken sandwich (cut seasoned chicken breast, with bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce and tomato on a sub bun) and a bowl of hot creamy potato soup with gooey cheese and crisp cut bacon. Just the right thing to fill my belly on a cold shopping day. Hot, fast service and delicious food. They do need to do some detail cleaning of the chairs, tables and floors.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Stopped in for lunch - service was pretty fast for hot food.
Good soup and sandwich place and the price was within reason