“The Steak was Excellent”

Crescent City Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Crescent City Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #421 of 2,063 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mid-City
Description: Step back in time as you step through the door into our beautiful, tiled dining room where New Orleans’ original sizzling steaks have been served since the doors opened in 1934. We offer prime, dry-aged beef that is cut in-house and cooked to your desire as well as seafood options such as broiled lobster tail and salmon to name a couple. Our commitment to quality does not end in the kitchen. Our extensive wine list consists of over 130 bottles from around the world. Our bar offers a wide array of quality liquors and liqueurs including single malt and blended scotches, bourbons, whiskeys, vodkas, and gins to name a few. We even have a specialty cocktail list which includes the Crescent City Martini, a Vojkovich family favorite that is made with a delectable, Croatian liqueur. Crescent City Steaks has been owned and operated by the Vojkovich family since Mr. John first opened the doors over 75 years ago, and his spirit lives on through the essence of family that transcends everything we do. It is our tradition to treat and care for our customers as family, and what better way to do so than to provide an exceptional meal in an atmosphere that rivals the comforts of home. So, come in; have a seat; and, become part of the family at Crescent City Steaks, the home of New Orleans’ original sizzling steak.
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Went to the steakhouse with family. It was in an older part of town so I had reservations about the place. It was like stepping back in time and the food reflected the good food and atmosphere I loved in the old steakhouses. The bread was great and the steak even better. The sides were large and could be shared. Really good.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Have been here a number of times. Always completely satisfied. I always order the filet. I always order medium. It always is cooked exactly the same way. Can't say that about any other restaurant.. Prices are medium high, but it's a steakhouse. Compared to Ruth Chris or Morton's, it's inexpensive. Servers aim to please. Anthony is super server. Drinks are fantastic.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here with a NOLA native of 60 years and he told me this was the restaurant that inspired Ruths Chris. Not sure if that is accurate but the steaks came out sizzling on hot plates. The steak I had was excellent and almost half the price you might find in the Quarter. The service was very good and the sides were outstanding(try the onion rings). Full bar and good martinis! I would recommend reservations as it has rather small seating area. I would rate a strong 4 based on quality and value!

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Awesome place to just get a great steak and take a break from crowds and cuisine that you have
To negotiate with kids!simple menu! The filet was amazing!

Reviewed 22 December 2016

What a gem, so glad I found this place!! The decor was incredible and the food even better! I had the bacon wrapped fillet & my hubby had the ribeye, neither of us was disappointed, you could do away with knives! The Au Gratin potatoes were a slice of heaven, never had any that good before or since and I know I won't until we go back again. For us this is a MUST for our next trip!!!

1  Thank 279renates