“Seafood and Cajun Gem in the CBD”
Review of Bon Ton Cafe

Bon Ton Cafe
Ranked #139 of 2,142 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Impressions- Gluten options available, Italian/French cafe décor and atmosphere, welcoming and attentive service, moderately priced Louisiana gulf coast and Cajun inspired cuisine, appropriately priced wine menu with adequate selection available in both bottles and by the glass

We arrived for lunch, without a reservation, and were seated immediately. Our wait staff gave warm and friendly service. The café has red and white checked tablecloths and French bistro style chairs. The space consist of a wooden beamed ceiling with an exposed brick wall on one side, windows laden walls along 2 sides and the bar and kitchen at the rear which make for an inviting place to dine. The menu is seafood heavy with some meat for the carnivores and Cajun/gulf coast inspired. The Bon Ton salad is a fantastic way to begin the meal and comes with the entrée or can be ordered separately. The mains are very good and filling. The bread pudding and whiskey sauce is excellent. If you are in Central Business District do yourself a favor and drop by to dine.

Reviewed 25 December 2017

It has been about 15 years since my last visit to New Orleans and during my previous numerous visits I always go to the Bon Ton Cafe which still is a traditional family owned restaurant. I was first introduced to the Bo Ton Cafe by a local financial advisor to a friend of mine about 30 years ago and I was and still amazed how great the food is here. My favorite is the crawfish etouffee and I had it last Friday at lunch. Upon entering the dining room I was greeted by the owner, Debbie Pierce who was most gracious as if I was a regular patron. Yes, I had the crawfish etouffee again and it was as great as I remembered from previous visits. This is a local gem of a restaurant and not a typical tourist restaurant with high prices. It has withstood many years of the same family ownership serving outstanding food and great service. It is a meal that will impress you to want to return soon for more.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

This place is close enough to be convenient but far enough to not be a zoo. The food is excellent, lots of traditional dishes prepared nicely. The building and room are beautiful

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

We ate at BonTon just as we came to town. The Crab Au Gratin was amazing. The Crawfish Etouffee had a generous portion and the sauce was smooth and delicious. Save enough room for the bread pudding. The service is stellar.

1  Thank Susan N
Reviewed 10 December 2017

We have been to Bon Ton's three times over the course of thirty years. Each time we have had a delicious meal, wonderful service, and a lovely evening. The staff here works very hard, and they are very proud of what they serve here. I got to choose all the restaurants this time because it was my birthday and I am so so so very glad that I choose Bon Ton's again! My husband tired their signature cocktail, and loved it! They don't give out the recipe, which is too bad, but it just means we have to come back! I loved my birthday bread pudding. We both had a small bowl of gumbo. yummy. The Crabmeat Au Gratin is wonderful. My husband loved the Red Fish Bon Ton. Everything is fresh. The family is very nice that owns Bon Ton's and are not open on Saturday or Sunday. The employees all seem to appreciate this. This also means that you need to pay attention to which days you will be in town. We highly recommend Bon Ton's!!