“Delicious! Merliton and also Bananas Foster”

Brennan's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Brennan's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 2,143 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: The original Brennan's, opened in 1946, recently emerged from an extensive renovation that spared no effort or expense by new co-owners Terry White and Ralph Brennan. Eight glamorous dining rooms, each steeped in New Orleans architecture and ambiance, celebrate the opulence of dining in a city where breakfast revelry is taken as seriously as a decadent dinner. Acclaimed Chef Slade Rushing's menus are rooted in Creole traditions and are bolstered with contemporary New Orleans influences. Marrying classic and modern techniques yields a decidedly innovative approach and enhances our local, seasonal offerings. Brennan's old-world elegance, fanciful decor and pampering service create a unique and sophisticated backdrop for a most memorable meal. Welcome!
Reviewed 21 October 2017

I admit, I went just for the Bananas Foster. We elected to have dinner here as well. Definitely enjoyed the Crab & Mirliton Remoulade - scrumptious! We also had the Grilled Chicken Al Mattone - juicy, crispy, and delightful.

But the highlight was the Bananas Foster. I've ordered it other places, I've made it myself at home, but the balance of flavors and the freshness of the dish is on pointe here. It's worth the time and expense to have it here where it originated. And they flambe it tableside, in case you like a little show with your dinner.

1  Thank H M
Write a ReviewReviews (2,444)

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

What an amazing, first class experience. The tastes are great. Lots of “their” take of Eggs Benedict. Ask for Andrew!

1  Thank Denise M
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I had very high expectations for my breakfast. And while it was very good it was not great and when you're paying their prices it needs to be great.$6 for a side of grits, good grits the $6? If the prices weren't so high the stars would be higher

1  Thank SeeTheWorldin2010
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Food was so delicious we didn’t get a chance to take a photo! We got the eggs Owen and the Eggs dish with the seafood. Both were delicious but my fav was the eggs Owen. Also make sure you get the flambé bananas for a sweet treat! Delicious!

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Great location and great welcome from team. Got a bit worried as we arrived as a departing customer had a " series complaint to make" - it appeared some other customers were wearing T Shirts! The complaining customer was wearing a polo so I'm not sure what the distinction or issue was. Anyway. The food is great. Small portions which are very welcome in USA in general, but enough to leave us feeling full. The servers are superb and as it was my wife's birthday she got dome special treats from the team. This is a great restuarant. Not cheap but well worth it. The courtyard is the place to be,excellent all round.

1  Thank Graham_Crieff