“Great fine dining ”
Review of Restaurant August

Restaurant August
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant August is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 2,142 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Gravier
Description: The cuisine at August is contemporary French with a focus on local ingredients, inspired by Chef John Besh's classical training here and in Europe, and by the depth of his own Southern Louisiana roots. August is located in an historic 19th century French-Creole building in New Orleans' Central Business District. August was a semifinalist for the 2012 and 2013 James Beard Awards Outstanding Restaurant, and has been selected by Gayot as a top 40 Restaurant in the United States. The Times Picayune has named it as one of their top 10 Restaurants the last two years in a row.
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

It's a fine French dining. Located in New Orleans. Street parking. Need reservation if you have a group. If you are alone, they don't offer main room dining ( it's my feeling). If no reservation, You have to dine in bar areas, which has limited sitting. Price is. $$$$. But it's a quality and presentation you are paying for. Appetizers were the best. I had 3 way Foie Gras, Gnocchi with blue crab meat, Fried Oysters and their signature dish Flounder. Not impressed with the Flounder, its little salty side. Wish they have a bigger room . Feels congested to seat. Overall satisfied with the taste of the foods.

Date of visit: April 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (2,092)

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Exquisitely artistic, and the taste lived up to the plating! Quiet an wood paneled, like a lovely library.
The service was very good, friendly and helpful, but not overly in your face.
The dishes were "art on a plate" with the beet salad being in the top 1% of beautiful dishes. It also happened to be delicious!

We enjoyed each item we ordered, will definitely return.

1  Thank Shonna L
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

I only wish I had a pix of my Faux Gras as it was truly one of the most amazing interpretations of this French specialty. Fabulous!!!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed our meal here! I had the Degustation Menu with the wine pairing. Although it was pricey it was all very flavorful and I enjoyed the evening immensely. My husband also enjoyed his dinner which was the same as mine without the wine

Reviewed 10 April 2017

August is John Besh's flagship restaurant - located across the street from the Windsor Court hotel, in a class space filled with dark wood and abundant helpful service staff.

The space is gorgeous - the entire experience is classy and it's a bit more formal than most of his other restaurants. Many folks wearing suits or sport coats - it's a classy, elegant space, but not snooty or stuffy. Just very professional.

They deliver the goods - the food is outstanding. I had the gnocchi with black truffle and parm. Outstanding. It's one of the few dishes that has been on the menu since day one without modification - so you know it's a home run.

For my entrée, I had the flounder. I would never ever order flounder, but I trusted the server to direct me to the "don't miss" food. It was outrageously good. So good we tried to walk in the next night to try it again, but they were busy on both attempts.

This is a fantastic place - maybe my favorite "high end" place in New Orleans. (over Clancy's, which disappointed this trip)

1  Thank LuxeFamilyFun