“Do not miss this charming gem”
Review of Elizabeth's

Elizabeth's
Ranked #103 of 2,124 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

We rented a car for the day (mostly to tour plantations) but decided to first drive up to Elizabeths’ for breakfast. This place had such a fun/unique atmosphere with friendly and attentive staff. Bright and cheerful decor and tablecloths greet you and put you into the Cajun/Creole mood to enjoy their fine cuisine. We started with their signature praline bacon (to die for) and fried green tomatoes (tasty) - followed up by poached eggs over crab cakes surrounded by hash browns. Coffee was replenished as necessary by friendly and attentive waitresses. Cute “shotgun” house type housing around - parking was not a problem.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Elizabeth's is amazing, from the food to the service. I count it at the top of my list of restaurants. It also makes a great first (and second) date spot! It's off the beaten path, but well worth it.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

As soon as I saw the specials on the chalkboard, I knew we were in for a treat. I'm always eager to try new combos and ingredients. This place makes my adventurous dining self smile! Even though they were very busy, a good sign of a great place, we were never rushed once seated. Great place to meet friends for brunch!

Reviewed 18 April 2018

We stopped here on a Tuesday morning, we had mimosas and bloody Mary's which were wonderful! I had the Banana's Foster French Toast and of course, the Praline Bacon! This is off-the-beaten-path of downtown, but totally worth it! The atmosphere is funky and eclectic and the staff is very nice!

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Folks, this place is the real deal. I hate to use the phrase "tremendous value" here because you might think that the food is merely good for the price. It is excellent across the board--rich, smoky gumbo; catfish atchafalaya that was packed with delicious seafood; a smoked pork chop that exploded in the mouth. Great (but sweet) drinks and excellent, informal service rounded out a great experience. Do go!