“Fine restaurant.”

Muriel's Jackson Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Muriel's Jackson Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 2,144 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Cross street: St. Ann
Description: The Bistro at Muriel’s Jackson Square offers New Orleans classics like Gumbo, BBQ Shrimp, Oysters "Muriel", Turtle soup, Fried Gulf Shrimp Po-boy, Crabmeat Imperial, Shrimp Remoulade & contemporary Creole cuisine like Pecan Crusted Drum & Wood Grilled Tuna while the Courtyard Bar is the perfect place to drop by for drinks & appetizers. The Séance Lounge is the place for a relaxed, comfortable meeting before or after dining. Comprised of two areas, The Outer & The Inner Séance, the Séance also tells the story of a mystic & checkered past. The Outer Séance addresses the New Orleans era of Storyville & when Muriel's Jackson Square was one of the French Quarter's best bordellos! The Inner Séance is the preferred domain of the resident ghost, Pierre Antoine Lepardi Jourdan, & is the perfect spot for an intimate conversation & a drink amongst its plush surroundings.
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Lovely crepes and flavorful crab cakes.
Good bar service also.
Try a Saint 75!
Worth a repeat.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,965)

Reviewed 26 December 2017

Muriel's was on our list of "must-go-to" restaurants for our second trip to the Big Easy. The service was second to none, and the food was excellent. Recommend getting one of the price fixe menu options as there were many tasty choices on each menu, and substitutions were allowed.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

1. History fact- place has steel beams instead of wood because of the wet weather year round.
2. Tons of people gather in front to perform music.
3. Keep your love ones near you.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

We read the reviews and wasn’t sure if this was the place for us. We were glad that we came.. The ambiance was great! The service,food was great. We had the Seafood Gumbo (cause when in New Orleans, you HAVE to try the gumbo) and then had the Pork Chops, for Dessert we had the Creme Bruele, and they gave us a Pecan Bread Pudding..The gumbo was the best that we had in N.O., the Pork Chops were outstanding..The Creme Bruele and Bread Pudding were well worth ruining my Blood Sugar!

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

I was excited to try Muriel's as had not done so on any of my previous New Orleans visits. I had heard good things, but had just not had time to reserve a table in time previously. Success was had on this visit and our merry group of eight scored a reservation for a Saturday evening at 7:45pm. We were greeted promptly and shown to our table...nice table in a nice location for us. The restaurant was decorated a bit for Christmas, which was nice, and the place seemed decently full.

We were greeted by a pleasant server and off we went on our evening's dining adventure. After hearing the menu and night's specials described we ordered drinks and reviewed selection. I settled on the blackened redfish ($32), a cup of gumbo ($9.95) and asparagus as a side ($8.95). I am listing prices by memory so may or may not be exact, but, if not, are not far off.

Our wait staff paced the meal rather nicely for us, giving us plenty of time to enjoy our drinks and appetizers before the main courses arrived. Now, about that main course of mine...the red fish was cooked perfectly and sat upon a salad of sorts that was very nice. But, the blackened part....so very disappointing and not at all what I expected. Blackening fish (or any dish for that matter) is an art form of cooking...what it isn't is just a bunch of spices sprinkled over a nicely cooked piece of fish which is exactly what it appears happened here! To say that I was disappointed would be an understatement. I ordered the blackened red fish because I was in New Orleans...the birthplace of the art of blackening fish. I have no idea what happened here!

Now..to the rest of my order...I enjoyed the gumbo and the asparagus, and wish that my redfish had been prepared as well. Alas it was not.

Others in our party tried various dished and all proclaimed them both well prepared and very delicious. I guess the moral of this story is, just don't order the blackened red fish expecting it to be prepared properly. It wasn't even close.

So, that is why I rated Muriel's just average for New Orleans. Would I return? Absolutely! But, you can be sure I would not be ordering the "blackened" red fish.

1  Thank MarkMM55