“Anniversary Dinner”

Muriel's Jackson Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Muriel's Jackson Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 2,144 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Cross street: St. Ann
Description: The Bistro at Muriel’s Jackson Square offers New Orleans classics like Gumbo, BBQ Shrimp, Oysters "Muriel", Turtle soup, Fried Gulf Shrimp Po-boy, Crabmeat Imperial, Shrimp Remoulade & contemporary Creole cuisine like Pecan Crusted Drum & Wood Grilled Tuna while the Courtyard Bar is the perfect place to drop by for drinks & appetizers. The Séance Lounge is the place for a relaxed, comfortable meeting before or after dining. Comprised of two areas, The Outer & The Inner Séance, the Séance also tells the story of a mystic & checkered past. The Outer Séance addresses the New Orleans era of Storyville & when Muriel's Jackson Square was one of the French Quarter's best bordellos! The Inner Séance is the preferred domain of the resident ghost, Pierre Antoine Lepardi Jourdan, & is the perfect spot for an intimate conversation & a drink amongst its plush surroundings.
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Great food and great service. It’s definitely an Anniversary/Birthday kind of place. The food was amazing and the bread pudding was the best I have ever had.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,964)

Reviewed 22 November 2017

In many visits to New Orleans, I had never eaten at Muriel's but had heard a lot of good things about it so was excited that we were finally going to go there. We had reservations for Friday night at 7:30. We got there about 15 minutes early and were seated right away. The four of us in the group all chose the 3 course meal and everyone was happy with their choices. The goat cheese & shrimp crepes were delicious and the pork chop was one of the best I've ever had. But the service was a disappointment. For being one of the top-rated restaurants in the French Quarter, I felt we were totally rushed. I barely laid my fork down from my appetizer when my dinner was served. When we finished our dinner, the server asked if we wanted coffee. I told her we would like to wait a few minutes as we still had wine to finish. Next thing, here comes dessert - plopped down in front of us. She never offered coffee again and before our dessert was done, another server dropped off our check. For the price you pay for a nice dinner here, you wouldn't expect to be rushed so they could turn the table. Now that I've been here once, I probably wouldn't go back again. There are plenty of other spots to enjoy a nice, unrushed dinner.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

The food and drink are always good here in this somewhat quirky, fun place. Head upstairs to the balcony where you'll enjoy great service and a perfect place for people watching on Jackson Square. Be sure to check out the séance room. Just freaky enough to be total fun.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

This restaurant is fantastic! The Louisiana Creole food is delicious and the location on Jackson Square is perfect!

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Visited Muriel’s and was not disappointed. We had the opportunity to sit up on the balcony overlooking Jackson Square on a beautiful day and it was fantastic.
We were able to look around and go into the old seance room as well has take a quick peek at Pierre Antoine’s (their resident ghost) table. Be sure you read up on the history of this restaurant because it is an Interesting story!
Can’t wait to go back