“Old School diner”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My daughter and I ate here after mass during spring break. It is nice, service was excellent, fast and food good. Very reasonably priced considering the restaurants in the area want $14 for an egg omelet. This is your 1950s style dinner. Family friendly.....

Write a ReviewReviews (1,015)

Reviewed 14 March 2012

What a treat! The place is very small, but very cool. It is literally a 50's dining experience. I felt like I was stepping back in time. My daughter and I had eggs, bacon, and hash browns, my son has a burger, and my husband had an omelet. You sit at the counter and watch them cook up your food...well, we watched them make one shake after another...so we ordered one of those, too! We had no complaints...everything was just fantastic. I highly recommend you head up to Camillia Grill and back in time!

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Took my daughters on a Sunday Morning for breakfast and it could not have been more perfect. The service was outstanding and the food even better. Pancakes,eggs,waffles,bacon all were cooked to perfection and served with a smile. I look forward to returning next time I am in New Orleans!

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I just happened across Camellia Grill on my first morning in New Orleans...and I'm sure I glad I did. What a great experience! From the moment you sit down at the counter, you realize this is no ordinary coffee shop. The waiters have such big hearts, riffing with you, shouting the orders to the chef, joking around. And it's genuine. They're just having a good time. And it brings a smile to everyone's faces. And I haven't even mentioned the food which is great...plain home cooking, nothing fancy, but tasty and satisfying.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Great home cooking. We, too, had the cheeseburgers. They were great but it was a hard choice. Everything on the menu looked good.

No wait--we were immediately seated. Everyone was super friendly.