“Service to match top notch food”
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
Ranked #41 of 2,124 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We came here on a Thursday for lunch. Very difficult to get reservations for Friday or weekend dinners so plan ahead of time. The food was excellent! The pork belly appetizer was probably my favorite. I wasnt keen on the idea of turtle soup but heard we had to try and it was delicious. Can’t say I knew we were eating turtle. The wait staff was amazing. Multiple waiters are catering to your every need and go well out of their way to ensure the best experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,467)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My husband and I were at a vacation at the Beau Rivage in Biloxi Mississippi, and planned on a night away in New Orleans. It is only an Hour and a half drive, and thought it would be a nice little excursion,
We met the friendliest group of girls who were on their night out, and they were true to the saying that Southern Hospitality, especially people from Nawlins are so welcoming and friendly.
We had come to learn that 2 of the ladies worked at Commanders Palace, the very fancy, 5 time James Beard award winning restaurant that takes white glove service and a memorable dining experience to heart. I am a foodie and love to embrace culture, so we decided to book a reservation at the 5 star restaurant. One of the girls I met, Jaz, ensured me, it would be a dining experience to remember,.
To make a long story short...It was an AMAZING experience, The food was excellent, but the service was impeccable. No wonder why they are an award winning restaurant whose roots grow as old as the willow trees that surround the picturesque restaurant in the famous garden district, Thank you Jaz, you provided the best service, and without your recommendation, we would have surpassed this gem, among the many diamonds of the New Orleans food cuisine!!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Bit out of the way in the Garden District, but plan extra time to walk around here. Service is excellent and food is very good, just not spectacular. A fairly limited menu but great price for the prix-fixe meal. Bread pudding shuffle one of their specialties.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is classic and the food was good. But you are definitely paying for the name. We enjoyed the service and the dessert.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This is one of the best restaurants I've ever. I am never disappointed. You are always in for a signature flavor experience that you've never imagined. This year we went for Easter brunch and it was such a pleasure. Great food, wonderful atmosphere and professional service.