“FRESH Seafood, Impeccable Service, Great Prices”
Review of GW Fins

GW Fins
Reserve with OpenTable
GW Fins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,144 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$50 - US$58
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bourbon, Dauphine
Transit: Bienville & Rampart
Description: Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Executive Chef Michael Nelson and Chef/Owner Tenney Flynn ensure the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness and variety are two of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.
Reviewed 7 August 2017

GW Fins is our "always" restaurant when we visit New Orleans. There are a number of reasons for its number one ranking. First and foremost is the food. A new menu printed daily. The freshest fish. This trip I broke protocol and had the pork chop--the best pork chop I've ever had and more that I could eat. The service was, as usual, great. Fallon was helpful to a fault; she even salted the rim of our MW-tini. The prices are more than fair. Do not miss this place.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,886)

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Having been to NOLA many times, I have somehow overlooked this place and now I have realized I made a serious mistake.

Fantastic food, drinks and service all around. It's even family friendly, we brought 2 six year olds and a newborn.

I started with an amazing sazerac that lead to the lobster dumplings. They were perfectly cooked and swimming in a delicate cream sauce. I will say they were a little salty, not sure if by accident or by choice.

Next, I had to get the scallibut. Somehow, they were able to press fit the scallops into the fish. The scallops were nicely brazed and the fish was perfect. The lobster risotto and peas were a nice touch that left you wanting more.

Finally, I had to go with the salty malty ice cream pie. Definitely get it.

I will be back.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We dined at GW Fins last night and had one of the best seafood meals of our life!

Starting with the Lobster dumplings - which left you feeling like you were sitting on a pier in Maine eating the just caught jewel of the sea and then enjoying the triple wedge salad as the perfect set up for the main courses.

We had the Scallibut and the Parmesan crusted trigger fish- both perfectly prepared with each bite eliciting another OMG moment!

The wrap up was the sinful Chocolate Mousse Bombe.

Service was perfect and we felt dinner at GW Fins is reason enough to visit New Orleans!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We had a reservation for 4. We enjoyed the spacious booth. The drinks we excellent as was the bottle of wine. We had BBQ and Lobster Dumplings for appetizers don't miss them. We also had the Fig Salad and the Shrimp Salad both excellent. Our Entrees were the Tuna, the Halibut, the swordfish, and the scallops. Each was perfect. We finished off with creme brûlée, salted pretzel pie and bread pudding. RJ was a great server and thank you for your service to our country. Would recommend as someone who has eaten at over 100 New Orleans eateries this ranks at the top.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We ate at GW Fins twice while in New Orleans! From the service to the food everything was fabulous!!!! I am very picky with wines and the waiter (I believe Freddy) helped me step out of my comfort zone and try a new and different wine. The food was well paced and we never felt rushed. The presentation of the appetizers, entrees and desserts was excellent. Everything was so good....we went back again!!! Don't miss this great find.