“Best Vietnamese food in New Orleans ”
Review of Ba Chi Canteen

Ba Chi Canteen
Ranked #644 of 1,998 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

My son brought us to this place because he knows I love Vietnamese food- and I did love his place
Great veggie options - loved the Bun salad and the tofu spring rolls
We will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Ba Chi is a smaller restaurant in a very friendly neighborhood. I got their rare flank pho & pork belly spring rolls. The spring rolls were delicious with an amazing peanut sauce. There were 2 rolls and they were pretty large. The pho came in a very generous serving that I could not finish. The pho was warm and flavorful and quite filling. I forgot to add on an egg, but I will definitely remember next time! This is my friend group's favorite pho place and is good for large or small groups.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Loved this little gem! I've been vegan for a few months now, and my boyfriend eats anything! It was awesome for both of us. The crispy brussel sprouts with Kim chi...amazing! The bacos, coconut curry tofu....amazing! And I'm not a huge tofu fan! I only wish I knew it was a byo cause I would have brought a bottle with me! A little place, truly not to be missed!!!! The St Charles line is just a couple blocks away

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I have gotten their ramen, which was delicious, but you really can't beat their bacos. They have a expansive menu of them along with lots of other great options. Not too much of an atmosphere but an awesome place.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Yes yes. Ba Chi did not disappoint.

I was delighted when I arrived here and I was seated on the enclosed patio on a nice (but rainy) evening. It made for a nice atmosphere, even though it was a little humid.

We started with a couple of pork spring rolls. While they weren't the best I have ever had, they were definitely tasty and the pork was cooked to perfection. For my meal I decided on the Pho with rare flank and brisket. It was out of this world. Not only was I served a huge bowl that was packed to the brim with meat and noodles, but the broth had a lot of flavor. It was so yum and the brisket was cooked to perfection and piled high in the Pho. It made for an amazing meal. I have to say that I really liked the prices. Some of these places feel that they need to mark the food up a bit because the restaurant is uptown. Here you get a good uptown meal at an excellent price.

Extra points because my friend requested that he take his leftover Pho to go. The waitress took it to box it up and accidentally dropped it, so she gave him an entire new order (complete with a baggie of bean sprouts!), even after he had told her not to worry about it. That's good business for you. Stop in. Eat. You won't be let down.