“Anniversary Dinner was Lovely!”

Restaurant R'evolution
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant R'evolution is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 2,144 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$48 - US$75
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bourbon Street
Transit: Canal at Bourbon Street
Description: Serving Lunch on Fridays, Dinner nightly and Sunday Jazz Brunch. Restaurant R'evolution is the first joint venture of award-winning Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto offering modern, imaginative reinterpretations of classic Cajun and Creole cuisine. Steeped in the diverse historic and cultural influences of Louisiana, the menu features not only the chefs' interpretations of New Orleans classics such as gumbo and beignets, but also new creations highlighting ingredients from what Chef Folse refers to as "the swamp floor pantry." Tableside service components play an important role in the dining experience, promoting guest engagement about the history and evolution of the food they are enjoying. Soups such as Creole Louisiana Snapping Turtle Soup and Death by Gumbo play on unusual presentations of these traditional dishes that date back centuries. Desserts showcase classical New Orleans sweets done in a new and contemporary way.
Reviewed 17 June 2017

Travis and Ishmael made sure that we felt extra special for our anniversary dinner! We had a cozy corner table, and from start to finish felt pampered without feeling rushed or bothered! The food was delicious (hot stuffed beignets are a MUST)...and just wait for the special surprise at dessert! This is a wonderful break from "excitement" of Bourbon Street!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,766)

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

This was the highlight of our stay in NOLA. Yes the prices are on the high end but so worth it. Everything is a delicious blend of traditional and modern Louisiana cuisine: charbroiled oysters and quail gumbo are not to be missed if you want to indulge! Great service as well.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

I would rank this in my top ten meals of all time. First class all the way, from atmosphere to service to food quality. We were seated in a part of the restaurant that allowed a great view of the open kitchen. You can tell the culinary team is top-notch by their attention to detail in every element of the preparation. Bravo to them all.

Cocktails and wine list are excellent and quite diverse. Started with the heirloom carrot salad and tuna tartare. Both were fantastic. Main course we had the lobster gnocchi and the rabbit. The lobster was superb--melt-in-your mouth gnocchi and perfectly cooked lobster. The sauce was rich without being heavy. The rabbit was served two ways: sausage-stuffed loin and fried leg, and I can't decide which was better. The dish is served with a succotash, a red eye gravy, onion jam and cornbread. I ate every last morsel on the plate and was sad when it was gone. The different flavors and textures and the combinations thereof are what made this dish so special. For desert, a creme brûlée bread pudding that was wonderful, and a scoop of homemade toasted marshmallow ice cream, which was the best ice cream I've ever tasted. Following desert, they bring a jewelry box with additional treats--housemade cookies, pastries, chocolates, and more.

To sum up, I can't wait to return to New Orleans just to eat at Restaurant R'evolution again!

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Best meal we had on our recent trip to America, very informative staff, yes have the "Crab Beignets" and we had one of the best steaks we have every had.
Wine list a bit expensive but we were well advised and a great evening was had.
Give this place a go if planning to go to New Orleans.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

R'evolution was a culinary experience like no other. The sommelier and staff educated me on their wines, dishes and cooking style. Never have I received that sort of education or attention from a restaurant, especially on a busy night. All of the staff are extremely passionate about the food they create and serve. Everything I ate was out of this world. The food and flavors were phenomenal!!! I started the meal with Louisiana snapping turtle soup and deviled quail eggs, for my main course I enjoyed the lightly seared tuna in a lemon beurre blanc sauce with citrus glazed vegetables, and ended the meal with their scrumptious rye whiskey, sea salt, and sour cherry bread pudding. An absolutely unforgettable dining experience that I look forward to repeating on return trips to New Orleans.

1  Thank Travelingcoloratura