See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 October 2016

Everything is always first class, so relaxing and the food is outstanding. Ed and Hillery make you feel at home. I refer this Bed and Breakfast to all my friends wanting a special place to stay in New Orleans. Right across the river from the French Quarter but you get to experience living in the 2nd oldest neighborhood in New Orleans. A real local experience. Dog friendly.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Ed and Hillery make you feel like you are visiting family. The historic house is beautiful The location is outstanding. Like visiting Mayberry but only a 5 minute ferry ride to the French Quarter
Ed is a fabulous chef who also gives cooking lessons

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2016

My husband and I decided to visit NOLA and we signed up for cooking classes. Chef Ed and his wife Hilary run own their B&B in Algiers which is just a short ferry ride from the French Quarter. Not only did we stay at this winderful B&B we had an excellent hands-on cooking class. Chef Ed is the consummate chef, host and instructor. Hilary is fun and keeps the B&B organized and running smoothly.

Never did we think we could make a bread pudding, etoufee and pear salad the likes of what we made! And Chef Ed made the experience fun and non-intimidating.

Please note that their B&B name is Bed and Breakfast on the Point and their web site is bedandbreakfastonthepoint.

We highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SwaligaFan
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Great location in Algiers Point - just across the river from downtown New Orleans. Our upstairs room was spacious and very comfortable. Ed and Hillery are charming and gracious hosts and breakfast was excellent. A short walk (about 300yds) to the ferry - about 5min across to the French Quarter. ($2 each way, exact amount required, leaves on the hour and half hour and quarter to and quarter past on the return journey). Ferry times were a bit limited when we visited - finishing at 9.45pm (8pm on weekends), however Ed informed me that this was to be extended soon. (Check ferry website or with Ed).

Plenty of parking on the street outside and WiFi is available. We would thoroughly recommend B and B At the Point for a relaxing and enjoyable stay in New Orleans.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rob C
Reviewed 26 July 2015

While I was in New Orleans last month for the Crescent Connection Bridge Run and the Bridgeman Duathlon, I lodged at the Bed and Breakfast on the Point and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Ed and Hillery were fantastic hosts and very accommodating!

You couldn’t beat the breakfast and conversations at the 8:30 breakfast. On the first morning, I had breakfast with two gentlemen from Bath, England, and we talked about marathons and triathlons along with why American cities have zoning laws. Oh, and I probably ate more than my share of pralines.

If you like historical houses, then you’ll like staying here. The house is a two-story double gallery Greek Revival mansion constructed in 1848-1849 by two riverboat captains, Augustin Seger and Thomas Rees. The house still has the wood floors from that era, and yes, the floors do squeak a little but that adds to the ambiance of being in a historical home.

I stayed in the LeVergne Suite on the second level, and when I looked out the window, I had a nice view of the site’s iconic 400-year-old oak tree. My bed was very comfortable. It was almost like I was sleeping in my own bed at home.

Bed and Breakfast at the Point is located in Algiers Point, which is the second oldest neighborhood in New Orleans and designated on the National Register of Historical Places. Don’t worry about being too far away from the French Quarter. The house is three blocks from the Algiers-Canal Street Ferry. The neighborhood is very safe for walking, and the houses display an array of architecture distinctively New Orleans. If you’re in the mood for a morning run or bike ride, the Mississippi River Trail is nearby providing a nice view of the Mississippi River and NOLA skyline.

This was my first time staying at a bed and breakfast, and my stay at Bed and Breakfast at the Point sold me on the experience. I look forward to staying here on my future trips to the Crescent City.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo