All reviewscommon areasbooked a private roomlarge kitchenswimming poolown bathroommid cityfrench quartercooked breakfastthe main housecanal streettrolley stopjazz festbourbon stnolabayoucharmcourtyard
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I stayed here for a couple of nights in a 2-bed room with a private bathroom. I really enjoyed the funky atmosphere of this hostel. Everyone seemed very friendly and there were many opportunities to hang out and meet people. For a hostel, there are tons of amenities, including a swimming pool, BBQ area, and spacious common areas. The hostel is a bit far from the French Quarter and other attractions, but access is easy via the Canal Streetcar, which stops right outside the hostel. I was initially a bit worried about safety, as the hostel isn't located in a particularly safe part of town, but the convenience of the streetcar made me feel at ease. The only real issue I had was with mosquitos, which were a huge problem (I think it was because of the water in the pool). Otherwise, I would definitely recommend this hostel to young travelers visiting New Orleans.

Room Tip: $25 per person per night for a two-bed room with a private bathroom = great value!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2011

This place is great if you want drink and met other travellers. There seem to be folk in the common areas no matter what time of day or night. The pool is great in the southern heat but is closed after 10pm. My room did have a/c but it was constantly struggling and on the top bunk it was quite warm. There was only one bathroom/shower for the entire floor. There are more outside but they were not very clean & it's quite a trek from an upstairs room in your pj's. It is exceptionally close to the trolley car into town, however during my stay three girls were mugged at gun point not far from the hostel so I didn't feel very safe venturing out after dark. The kitchen at this hostel is what really drags it down. There was only one spoon in the entire kitchen, only a handful of plates & bowls none of which appeared to be clean. I am really not that fussy and I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for at hostels but when I went to put some bread in the toaster and there were more cockroaches then crumbs in there it was a little too much for me. I wouldn't stay there again but sadly there aren't many other affordable options in New Orleans.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Gabi S
Reviewed 29 August 2011

This hostel was alot of fun!! Everyone is so friendly! Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I went with a group of friends trying to find a place to stay that was within our budget, clean, and a great location. This place was more than i thought it would be. I walked in and the set up and atmosphere was awesome. We didnt know what to expect with the room but we were very pleased. We stayed in a 4 person suite with a bathroom, it was so clean and had everything we needed. This hostel had a clean pool and a great place to hang out in the backyard. Everyone was so friendly, even the other people who stayed there. The only thing I would do different is stay longer, and actually stay and hang out the hostel and meet people. Also, the location is great. It is a literally less than a block away from the trolley. Even thought the area around it looks a little sketchy I did not feel uncomfortable in that neighborhood.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This is one of the first hostels I had ever stayed in and I liked it. We met heaps of cool people who we still keep in touch with, by the end of our stay we didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: August 2010