Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
US$138
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

The Eliza Jane(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$114
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$117
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$212
US$182
  • Breakfast included
US$148
US$136
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$190/night.

InterContinental New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$146
  • Pool
Royal St Charles Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$117
  • Fitness centre
Hilton New Orleans Riverside(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$143
  • Restaurant
Loews New Orleans Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$120
Loews Hotels
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

All reviewscommon areasbooked a private roomlarge kitchenswimming poolown bathroommid cityfrench quartercooked breakfastthe main housecanal streetlounge areaswamp tourtrolley stopmardi grasbourbon stjazz festnola
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Well, This was my first time traveling on my own. I was very nervous to say the least, and when I finally arrived at this hostel I was not sure if I had made the right choice. It is a little run down and the washrooms get dirty very fast (what do you expect, there are a ton of people staying there at one time) but, despite these minor issues, staying at this hostel has been one of the most amazing experiences in my life. The management is friendly the people are AMAZING. There are so many different type of people from different parts of the world and all walks of life. If you are able to be the tiniest bit sociable I guarantee that you will enjoy your self. The location of this Hostel is convenient, as the street car is right in front of the hostel. It only takes about 5-10 minutes to get to bourbon street, and do not fret, because the doors never close at the hostel so you do not have to worry about being back at a specific time. There are tours you can arrange through the hostel- gator tours and so on. Breakfast and dinner are made there, really good food and cheap. You cant go wrong. Just have an open mind. I met a lot of new people, enjoyed the music, I loved the food and the liveliness of New Orleans. All together a magnificent get away.
Ps. They were very accommodating- I had only booked my stay for a couple of days in a private room, however, I cancelled other plans in order to stay in NOLA and they were able to squeeze me in to their female dorms.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank lexy12345
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I stayed here, I liked it. I would stay here again. Good staff, good room , good location

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 4 July 2011

This place was what a hostel should be- tons of fun, very cheap, a bit crowded, and quirky with the decor. Every college kid should have this experience. You have to pay to rent a blanket, so you may want to bring your own, as the ones on the twin beds are thin. But you're there to stay cheap and see the city- not luxuriate in a top hotel and spa! Enjoy the experience!

Room Tip: Bring an extra blanket and pillow!
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I had read really good reviews for this place, so I was excited to go there... but once arrived the guy at the front desk told us we would be in separate dorms, which was not what we booked... so he made arrangements, and then didn't give us a tour of the place but simply indicated us where we would find our room.

Our dorm (6 female dorm) was really small, so it felt crowded all the time with the luggages, but this is what you espect from an hostel. On the other hand, the major trouble of India House is the lack of restrooms... there are clearly not enough (one per floor on the main building) which means you always had to queue...

Cleanliness was ok right after the cleaning has been done, but after a few hours, it was not really clean anymore to say the less.

Appart from that, friendly atmosphere and people, nice kitchen, very enjoyable swimming pool...

There was one computer to access internet but quite expensive rate (1$ / 15min).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elodem
Reviewed 8 June 2011

this is the best, laid back and hippy hostel i have been to for a long time. it simply oozes new orleans and is very down to earth. as far as interior is concerned, it is clean, has the amenities you need and is really quirky. the hostel has brilliant nooks and crannys for you to sit and relax in. outside they have ample tables and chairs and a pool which looked cared for. they do an amazing breakfast selection for a small price and the food is fresh and well cooked. the rooms were clean, basic and had functioning air conditioning; everything a traveller needs.

as far as location, its not in the french quarter but it has a tram stop right outside that takes you directly into the french quarter. this helps with feeling safe too as the stop is so close to the hostel you get on and off right outside the hostel and have a stones throw to the front door.

i would recommend this hostel to people of all ages if you like the 'backpacker' , laid back and slightly hippy atmosphere. its great to meet people and get into the New Orleans spirit!

Room Tip: book quick!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo