Harrah's New Orleans
US$159
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$182/night.

US$165
US$160
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Charles Inn(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$166
Hyatt Regency New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$192
US$182
  • Breakfast included
US$162
US$153
Loews Hotels
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

MOXY New Orleans Downtown/French Quarter Area(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$103
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$198
US$194
US$173
US$137
  • Breakfast included
Royal St Charles Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$116
  • Fitness centre
6,232 results
All reviewsbesh steakhousegreat casinototal rewardsfrench quarternon smokingfulton streetmississippi riverwithin walking distanceparking garagevery nice hoteleasy accesslocation is greatmardi grasfew blocksconvention centernolariverwalk
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Off of Fulton Street, I was very impressed with the Harrah's Hotel. The staff was very courteous and friendly ... they greeted you each and every time you walked through the lobby, inquiring about your stay and asking if there was anything they could do for you. I was pleasantly surprised with a Praline on my pillow the first night. It was the first time I had one, and wow ... I was hooked. The room was very clean and the hotel is in walking distance of all the great spots you need to see in New Orleans.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I recently stayed at this property in January 2012, when I booked two rooms since I had visitors in from out of town. I used to live in New Orleans and now live about an hour away and spend frequent weekends in town so I have experienced numerous area hotels. I have to say this is probably my favorite in New Orleans. Of course, its connected to the Casino, which is a nice plus and provides plenty of entertainment. However, this is not some cheesy casino hotel, this is a stand alone, classy property. Also, on many occasions I have eaten at Ruths Chris Steakhouse which is located in the hotel as well. Ruths is always a fine choice. This hotel is located adjacent to Fulton Street which is an area that continues to be developed with restaurants and bars, a very nice little area in my opinion.

The rooms are a good size, clean, and leave very little to complain about, I was very satisfied. The bathrooms were great, a stand alone shower, seperate from a comfortable jetted tub. I found the service to be excellent as well.

The hotel is located a short walk from the French Quarter and all attractions in the area. You can also walk a short distance to catch a streetcar to numerous other attractions/areas of town. If the price is within your range, I would easily stay here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I checked in over the holidays in December. I had five nights at the hotel property afforded to me complimentary on behalf of Harrah's. I am a Diamond member of the Total Rewards program. Reservation was made the month prior to my stay over the winter holidays.

I arrived at the hotel property shortly before noon and was notified by the front desk attendant that I would not be able to check-in early. With that notice I took the liberty of utilizing self-parking. There is a charge for the Harrah's parking garage, but I was pleasantly surprised that I had my parking fees waived as another privilege of being a Diamond Total Rewards member. The parking garage is connected to the hotel property and offers an underground connection the the Harrah's Casino across the street.

Check-In
As it was the winter holiday season the lobby was bustling with pedestrian traffic of all types ranging from families to couples of all ages and types. I approached the front desk counter where my reservation of five complimentary nights was confirmed. Since I do not prefer to leave a credit card on file, I was allowed to place a cash deposit on the hotel room ($100 per night of stay required). I was placed in room 1505 that offered a very scenic view of the Mississippi River. Total check-in time was less than eight (8) minutes.

The Room
The assigned room for my reservation was on the 15th floor of the hotel property. Upon entering the hotel room it was surprisingly spacious and well-kept compared to other Harrah's properties that I have stayed at. The bathroom is spacious, offering a separate shower and bath tub as well as large vanity area and separate toilet area. The closet and entertainment center were cleverly designed into the wall to permit a more open floor plan. The king-size bed as well as other linens in the room exhibited a purple color scheme that is distinctive of many Harrah's properties.

The Stay
The room was well-kept throughout our stay during the week. The best part about this property is the proximity to many of the attractions in the area and nearby French Quarter. You did have to utilize your room key as evidence of stay, which I found to be a great security measure especially during the holiday season. Also, the hotel rooms utilize an electronic notification system that allows you to digitally label the room as occupied, requiring housekeeping service or simply "Do Not Disturb". I did enjoy the turn down service provided to my hotel room after arriving each day of busy excursions throughout the city.

I did eat at the Gordon Biersch restaurant located on property, which offered great classic American food. The garlic fries were especially delicious. I also ate at the Grand Isle Fresh Seafood Restaurant located adjacent to the hotel property, which is a fantastic restaurant serving great local cuisine. Both meals were pricey, but complimentary on behalf of Harrah's and their restaurant partner locations throughout the city.

The hotel does offer a business center located among their conference rooms, but internet access does cost extra.

Check-Out
The check-out process was quick. I was furnished my cash deposit immediately upon check-out and the process took less than two minutes.

Overall Experience
I thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary stay at this Harrah's property and was a great way to experience New Orleans at little cost to me. The partnerships with this hotel made using my Total Rewards points even more lucrative with such a vast array of choices throughout the city. I would highly recommend this stay if you want to remain in the heart of New Orleans and savor the local culture and flare.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shornilla
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife stayed here for 1 night recently. We reserved a king, smoking room. I called twice during the day to reconfirm our reservation. We were assured that our room would be available as requested regardless of our arrival time. When we arrived late in the evening, we were told that there were no king OR smoking rooms available. I protested, and spoke to the front desk manager. He checked the computer and actually told us that because we were only 'gold' Total Rewards members, there was nothing he could do for us. So basically, because we don't gamble alot in their casino, we were second class citizens. As we were tired, and there was no other availabe rooms nearby, we stayed there reluctantly. Also, without notice, they put a hold on our bank account for more than double the room rate. I was told it would be a week or so before that charge is refunded. This place has a very inflated view of itself. The rooms are OK, about like a Holiday Inn. Absolutely nothing special for the exhorbitant prices. Bottom line, we, or no one I know, will ever stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank elkayandboro
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Traveled in December the week after Christmas and stayed 4 days.

WHAT A JOY these folks are! Hospitality and concern for your having a fun time was not just from the Concierge but from everyone from Housekeepers to Hotel Management staff

Check in was quick and courteous and Bell service awesome

Room was very nice and roomy with that special Harrah's touch of correct color coordination and style. Bathroom large with separate glass shower and tub was a nice touch. (LOTS AND LOTS of hot water was a good thing too)
Room location was a little low for my tastes (6th floor) and definitely too close to the Harrah's parking garage. Did not spend a lot of time in the room BUT if I had that would have been annoying. (CAR ALARMS!!)

Lobby area of the hotel and onsite Steak House very nice.
There is a covered area that connects the hotel to the casino underground system and it is well lit and maintained at all times.

Casino is across the street BUT it is connected via underground tunnel so even if the weather is bad NO ISSUES getting to the Casino

Casino was very well maintained and the staff on EVERY level there was exactly like the hotel. Courteous, prompt and knowledgeable (Found myself challenged by the drink ordering system that is embedded into the machines BUT a lovely Cocktail waitress helped me figure it out)
Great selection of slots and did not get rich but did not lose a lot either. VERY even play to win ratio for the most part.

Ate in every restaurant that was in the casino area and all were very good and the staff once again hospitable. Buffet was very good and a great selection of Southern style cooking with a complimentary glass of wine served at your table.

Gift shop was small and did not have ANY of Harrah's swag (shirts, jackets etc) that actually said Harrah's New Orleans on them. A little disappointed in that but otherwise good.

Within walking distance of Canal and Bourbon streets and everyone is helpful in getting you to where you are going.

AS a Diamond member I have been treated well in several different Harrah's locations gtom Vegas to Chicago but NEVER made to feel like I was the king of the Hotel as I was here in New Orleans. Highly recommend for the food, fun and staff.

Room Tip: Be sure and ask to stay on the side AWAY from the parking garage. Car alarms will annoy you for sure if not
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple