InterContinental New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$127
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

The Eliza Jane(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$117
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$195/night.

Hyatt Regency New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$196
  • Pool
Loews New Orleans Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$111
Loews Hotels
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

US$172
US$159
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$231/night.

US$187
US$182
  • Breakfast included
Windsor Court Hotel(New Orleans)
US$313
US$271
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$333/night.

US$148
US$124
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$103
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

MOXY New Orleans Downtown/French Quarter Area(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$90
Moxy Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

All reviewsgarden districtfew blocksbackpackersstreetcaruptown
Reviewed 24 November 2010

I have travelled quite a lot and in many places in camping areas and hostels but I would not recommend this place to anybody... It might be a personal and isolated bad experience but I don't think so... The hostel is ina good position and the ancient and colonial building is really fascinating but the staff of the place is unreliable and the rooms very dirty.
To give you an idea of our experience:
I had reserved well in advance for me and other friends but my room was assigned to somebodyelse the morning of our arrival and they hadn't even realized it since they gave us the keys and we entered in somebodyelse's room with all his/her stuff there... so, at the end, we were assigned another room that was almost a cave, very humid, dirty, without air condition and with all sort of animals all around. They assured us that we would have been placed in another and convenient room the day after but when we asked, the following day, about such change the same woman answered in a very rude way saying that they were overbooked and that it was only our problem. When we asked for at least some cleaning of the room, the staff member sent to clean the room - ironically - came just with a piece of toilet paper in order to pretend to take from the ground some of the cigarettes, insects, hair and other trash from the previous occupants of the room, that covered the floor. Some of our friends had other bad experiences, having a room crawl with fleas which bited them during the night.
In addition, we decided to leave one day earlier and asked the doorman if this was possible - despite the standard non-refund policy - to get the money back for that nigh and he said "of course, we are overbooked so it's a deal for both of us. We will refund you in 2 days". When we wrote some weeks later having received no money back, they denied everything.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Noluogo82
Reviewed 13 November 2010

I'm writing this in the hope we will actual get our refund.
We stayed here a night, and were charged twice for it, my partner has been back at least five times to get his $50 refund, showed them his bank statement, reciept, talked to them face to face and sent plenty of emails. We are living in New Orleans so have the luxury to go and tell them to refund us, but they are being so slack about it and lying, saying it's been sorted out, but this happened at least a month a go. the place is total decrepit and not worth staying at.
To the Manager, if you are reading this we need our refund! It was your staff who screwed up and you need to pay up!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wonderlustmag
TheStVincent, General Manager at St. Vincent's Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2010

This couple stayed here over the Halloween weekend. The gentleman reserved a room using his legal name, then checked in using a different name, this led to some confusion which has since been resolved. We’ve informed these guests that our dorm rates are per person, not per room, and two guests for the two nights they stayed equals $100, not $50. Feel free to discuss any questions or concerns with our new desk manager Louise.

Reviewed 28 October 2010

I have stayed at St. Vincent's 4 or 5 times now, and it gets better each time! This is not a lavish place, but the rooms are just fine and I sleep like a baby at night! The building is very old, historic in fact, which is why it can seem a little dusty to folks who are used to the big chain hotels, but I have NEVER seen a single bug in my room EVER!!! The property is unique and charming. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. I plan to visit St. Vincent's again the next time I'm in NOLA. I like the neighborhood because you can walk or take a bus or streetcar almost anywhere, and the surrounding blocks have really cool shops, affordable restaurants and a hip atmosphere in general. There's even a pool and a barbecue in the courtyard! St. Vincent's Guesthouse is the best kept secret in New Orleans!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank anitaboucher
Reviewed 21 October 2010

We stayed at the St Vincent Guesthouse in late August and were completely disappointed in the place. The room was basic, which generally isn't a problem for me - but there was bug powder around the entire room and we were bitten by some kind of insects during the nights. The breaking point came when we found a cockroach in our luggage. We were on a two month road trip around the US, staying in some pretty basic places, and camping where necessary. I would say that this guesthouse gave us our WORST accommodation of the whole trip.

I noticed that the General Manager has commented a previous complaint by saying that they've had no guest complaints about bug infestations for a month prior to September 15th. This is a lie. We moved out after strongly complaining about our cockroach experiences on the 20th August. He know this because we asked for a refund which - despite the staff assuring us we would be forthcoming - has not materialised yet. In fact he lied to us on multiple occasions about calling us back to discuss the matter further.

My advice to anyone planning on a stay is: don't, there are way nicer places to stay for a similar amount of money in NOLA. It might just ruin your experience of the whole place. The one saving grace were the staff on the front desk, who tried to be as accommodating as they could be, given the circumstances...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LondonBarbd
TheStVincent, General Manager at St. Vincent's Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2010

On the third day of their stay with us, this couple complained about finding a cockroach inside of a suitcase that they had been storing food in during their travels, and they demanded a full refund. We don’t know if the roach arrived inside the suitcase or if it had somehow entered the suitcase after their arrival, but in any case we accommodated them by upgrading them to one of our best rooms, and also gave them an extra night free of charge (they spent six days with us altogether). They seemed satisfied with this at the time. We happily accommodate our guests within reason.

Reviewed 26 September 2010

My sister and I stayed there for 4 days. It was kind of expensive for 4 days but it was an alright place. I did not have any bed bugs or fleas or any of that. We did not find any roaches in the hall ways. The staff was so friendly to us. We would go out on the balcony and they would walk by and ask us how were doing, just so nice. yes, the lobby was hot but they leave the doors open and its not that cool in Louisiana. I slept perfectly fine every night. Everything worked fine in my room. The night we got there i was a little hesitant to staying there but the next morning i actually saw how remarkable it is. it used to be an old orphanage and you can tell it has history flowing out of it. there is an awesome coffee shop right across the street. and its not far from Canal St. or Bourbon St. Its just a neat place to stay. The only thing i found wrong with it is that my room didnt have a remote haha but its all good. Its not a hotel people its a guest house. if you want more towels or toilet paper youre going to have to go and get it yourself from the lobby. so all in all i liked it very much. oh and one more thing, at night the wind would blow so hard the door to the balcony, right by my room, would slam against the wall it scared the mess outta me so many times haha so ya might wanna put some doorstoppers down. but i enjoyed my stay. thanks!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends