“A nifty place to stay if you love the history and eligance of New Orleans”

St. Vincent's Guest House
Ranked #145 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 26 September 2010

My sister and I stayed there for 4 days. It was kind of expensive for 4 days but it was an alright place. I did not have any bed bugs or fleas or any of that. We did not find any roaches in the hall ways. The staff was so friendly to us. We would go out on the balcony and they would walk by and ask us how were doing, just so nice. yes, the lobby was hot but they leave the doors open and its not that cool in Louisiana. I slept perfectly fine every night. Everything worked fine in my room. The night we got there i was a little hesitant to staying there but the next morning i actually saw how remarkable it is. it used to be an old orphanage and you can tell it has history flowing out of it. there is an awesome coffee shop right across the street. and its not far from Canal St. or Bourbon St. Its just a neat place to stay. The only thing i found wrong with it is that my room didnt have a remote haha but its all good. Its not a hotel people its a guest house. if you want more towels or toilet paper youre going to have to go and get it yourself from the lobby. so all in all i liked it very much. oh and one more thing, at night the wind would blow so hard the door to the balcony, right by my room, would slam against the wall it scared the mess outta me so many times haha so ya might wanna put some doorstoppers down. but i enjoyed my stay. thanks!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Morningdeer

Reviewed 15 September 2010

We went last year and had a great time. Our rooms wasnt like a five star hotel but they were ok. There were no bed begs, but we really didnt spend much time sleeping in our bed because theres just so much to do in New Orleans. It is a interesting place to stay though and the hotel staff was very nice. We just wanted an inexpensive place to crash after partying!! I wouldnt recommend bringing kids....but its a nice cozy place to stay with your love or friends!! They even locked up the hotel at night ...we came in one morning at 3:00 am and had to bang on the door, then a sweet lil lady came out in her robe and let us in....she reminded me of my mom I felt really safe!!!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cajuncandy
Reviewed 13 September 2010

DON'T stay here. I've never written a negative hotel review before but feel it is my obligation to warn others... I have bedbugs bites all over and this place is disgusting. Good location but filthy place. Stay clear if bedbugs isn't your thing.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank adgray23
TheStVincent, General Manager at St. Vincent's Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2010

There are no infestations of bedbugs at our hotel, and we have had no reports of pests of any kind by any of our guests for over a month. We have a clean bill of health with the local hotel governing agencies, and are in full compliance with all city, state, and federal regulations. Any pest complaint that we receive is dealt with swiftly and effectively by the professional pest company under contract with our hotel.

Reviewed 7 September 2010

Absolutely the worst hotel in all of New Orleans. I made reservations to stay there but canceled later on due to finding closer accommodations to the attractions. My cancellation was well within the cancellation policy set forth by the hotel, and the owner still will not refund my money. He will not even return a call or even answer my phone call. Manager claims that he is always out or busy. What a ripoff. DO NOT STAY HERE, you'd get better service at a Motel 6.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank jaybutta3k
TheStVincent, General Manager at St. Vincent's Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2010

This guest has been credited for the canceled days, and has been notified of this. All guests who cancel within our policy guidelines are refunded for their canceled days as agreed in our Terms of Service. Please allow up to 30 days for processing. The hotel cannot be held responsible for the compliance of outside booking companies used to make travel reservations, so we recommend that travelers book with us directly to avoid any potential problems.

Reviewed 1 September 2010

This has to be the worst place I have ever stayed. I was sickened by the conditions of the rooms, hallways, front desk, and lobby. As soon as I walked in I realized it was hotter at the front desk than it was outside. The lady at the front desk was drinking vodka. When I asked to speak to the manager, she said she was the manager. I was told there was air conditioning in the rooms. When I got to the room the A/C didn't work. There were also bed bugs so big I could see them. Dead roaches in the hallways, no towels in the room. I went down to the front desk to get a refund. The manager told me there was nothing she could do. There were no more rooms and they don't give refunds. I unfortunately had a week booked. I spent as little time there as possible. Every night when I would get back from exploring New Orleans. I would look forward to taking a swim. The pool was the one good looking thing there. Unfortunately the Manager would be in the pool drinking with several men and being very inappropriate. The guys were usually doing cannonball's and splashing obnoxiously.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank jasonrs

There are no infestations of fleas or any other pest at our hotel: we are under contract with a professional pest control company who services all of our rooms, halls, patios, exterior balconies and pool area, on a regular basis. Management is unaware of any theft occurring from any locked room. Our guests are friendly, sociable people from diverse national and international locations. We encourage all guests to report any concerns or complaints to Peter for a quick and satisfactory resolution.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Mid-City
The Crescent Palms Motel
The Crescent Palms Motel
#126 of 166 in New Orleans

Been to St. Vincent's Guest House? Share your experiences!