“Kind staff, sub-par accommodations”

St. Vincent's Guest House
Ranked #145 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 30 October 2017

While the staff at the front desk was so kind and helpful, it was definitely not a place to stay for those that don't travel a lot, aren't cool with hostels, or germaphobes. The pics on the website are misleading and it was very much the bare minimum. if you are used to chain hotels, this is not for you. Also, too far from the Quarter to make the most of your stay.

Room Tip: you get what you pay for
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

The worst thing was the bed - as I was in the middle of a camping trip I used my stuff and slept on. Everything else was great. About a 15/20 min walk from the centre. The garden district also has good restaurants as well.

There is a fridge in the room also

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2017

I stayed for 2 nights with my friend as visitors from Florida and I had such an awesome stay! The 2 woman working the overnight shift on Sept 28-29 were amazing. They were more than just hotel employees. I can honestly say I have 2 new friends when I visit New Orleans again. They were so kind and welcoming and told me and my friend stories of New Orleans and made us feel welcome. I will absolutely visit this hotel EVERY time I visit New Orleans. I can also add that there are definitely spirits in the hotel, but nothing negative. This was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Piece of garbage! My parents were told that they have to pay before they can see the room. Completely disgusting. Dirty toilet with urine and hair , bathtub looks like it was never been cleaned . Furniture falling about. When I called for my parents to complain they seen nothing wrong with it and then he hung up on me.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank kirssy c
Reviewed 26 August 2017

You will love this place is you have an appreciation for the strange and historical. St.Vincent's posses very friendly live in tenants, & employees whom are extremely helpful and friendly. We brought our own food stored some stuff in the communal kitchen & made an awesome dinner while staying in. They were in the middle of some renovations to the kitchen while we were there. Greatly enjoyed our stay, & the pool daily, within the centre of a court yard in the center. Would definitely visit again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Mid-City
The Crescent Palms Motel
The Crescent Palms Motel
#126 of 166 in New Orleans

Been to St. Vincent's Guest House? Share your experiences!