All reviews garden district few blocks backpackers streetcar uptown
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Walking distance to some great restaurants and bars !!! Is an older building and you have to take that into account, so a little funky, I stayed in a private room !!! Felt safe and wonderful and helpful staff at the front desk .
This is my fourth time staying here, has always been during jazz fest

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

It was a bed. There wasn't much more. We seemed to be the only ones staying in this section of the building which made it even more creepy. I'm pretty sure there's people that live under the one set of stairs. It was within walking distance of somethings but we ended up taking an uber because it was like 6$. The bathroom door didn't shut, and the door to the room only stayed shut when the deadbolt was locked. Terrible bed spreads that look like they were yard sale finds. The towels........

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Audy T
Reviewed 16 May 2017

No fridge, no WIFI, no TV, not even a chair or a glas respectively a cup. And I paid 120$ a night. But I was not alone. A really large cockroach accombanied me, So like Tom Hanks I had somebody to whom I could speak. Sorry Amanda you couldn't compensate this.

Room Tip: Aussicht aus dem 3. Stockwerk phänominal. Ist leider das Einzige was man positiv vermerken kann.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank Reinhold S
Reviewed 11 May 2017

The property has an “old world” charm with exquisite iron work around the entire building. It is perfect for those not expecting any more than a place to rest their head, which was our entire reason for choosing this location. The elevator takes quite a while to go up one floor, but it is so handy with heavy luggage. All the staff were very friendly and responsive to our questions. The rooms are bare bones, but very charming. Water is nice and hot in the shower and towels are provided along with soap. The water in the vending machine is very affordable and comes out ice cold, which is very handy in the humid heat of New Orleans. It is extremely easy to get around, either by foot, public transportation, or ride share services. We used Uber most of the time. We stayed one night before our cruise and one night after. We were able to store our luggage on our return trip, as we arrived well before check in. I highly recommend checking this property out, you won’t regret it.

Room Tip: Definitely request a "hotel" room over a dorm, as you will get a private bathroom.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laura P
Reviewed 11 May 2017

Your staff is great - helpful and friendly. And the location is incredible!

But dirty. Really dirty. old, crappy mattress with stains on the ceiling, an old nasty window unit, and hairs and old crusty fixtures in the bathroom. Spit and spent ciggys lying about the property.

My 2nd night i made it a point to only go back there when i was ready to go straight to bed. and i left as soon as possible in the morning.

debatable: I'd rather stay there again than driving in from the Best Western that cost 3x as much. well, coin flip. this place is sorta crummy, but not really in a cool way.

Room Tip: prob. top floor best. but i bet it's REALLY hot in the summer there.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business