“Might have a mold problem. Otherwise, fantastic hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Loft 523 New Orleans

Loft 523 New Orleans
Ranked #124 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“Might have a mold problem. Otherwise, fantastic hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Given the smell of moldy old towels, particularly around the elevator shaft, and the way my allergies would flair just with the couple of minutes in the hall, this place might have a mold problem. No issue in the rooms at least. Hate to post this, as I like the place, but if you've got a bad mold allergy, like I do, beware.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We just stayed at the Loft523 hotel and had an excellent time. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. A shout out to Jeremy and Alexandra. Thank you both for all of help and service. The hotel room was modern and very comfortable. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed January 2012
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I'm hesitant to write this review for fear of blowing the cover of this inconspicuous, wonderfully-stylish, gem of a boutique hotel.

Simply put, for the price you won't find a better stay in all of NOLA... end of story. Visit their site and study the pics featuring clean lines, 21st century hipster sense of interior decorating, giant tubs, unfinished concrete floors, high ceilings and most importantly --elbow room!-- this is EXACTLY what you get folks. It's a hotel room that manages to feel like home the minute you walk in the door. Imminently stylish yet utterly simple and cozy. My girlfriend and I stayed there for three nights in January 2012 and enjoyed every minute...I knew the minute I put the key in the door, that I'd picked the right place for our NOLA adventure-- that's the best feeling in the world when you've just exited a plane and traveled a thousand miles to get there. There's absolutely no question where we are staying the next time we visit New Orleans.

A week prior to our arrival, I had reservations at another well-known hotel in the French Quarter. On a whim I called the Loft 523 desk and spoke with Justin about accommodations and things to do in the city. What I received was an utterly authentic, patient and warm breakdown of the unique Loft 523 accommodations as well as local restaurant, music and art recommendations. I canceled my other reservations and booked with the Loft right on the spot.

Later in the week, prior to our arrival I had the opportunity to speak with Stephanie and Justin at length about excursions and dining specifics-- they were both incredibly knowledgeable and generous with their time and sharing their personal experiences. Since I hadn't been in the French Quarter in over 25 years, I can't overstate how helpful and welcoming this was.

Because of Stephanie and Justin, my girlfriend and I got to experience some much needed R&R, dining at amazing places like Bayona and Muriel's as well as going to some wonderful historic sites. Justin recommended an out-of-the way music venue (the Marigny Opera House) to me on our first night there-- it was probably the highlight of our trip and one of the most romantic, haunting and uniquely New Orleans experiences we had! Unforgettable man!

THANK YOU BOTH!

(and to Loft management-- these two are the type of team members/staff that bring immeasurable value to your business and will help make Loft 523 one of the most sought-out boutique hotels in NOLA)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gregory69
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Our new favorite hotel in NOLA. My wife couldn't stop raving about the bath tub, concrete floors and tall ceilings. Great location, decor, and staff. Use of the International House's gym (across the street) was a bonus. We had the best breakfast in years at the restaurant on the corner (Dress It). We'll be back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank C R
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

This hotel in New Orleans' bushiness district is amazing on all accounts. We had a wonderful stay in late December 2011; friendly 24-hour staff, great rooms, tasteful furniture, good air control (important in New Orleans!), and a fair price. There is a club/bar which on the first floor with odd hours of music and dancing, but, according to the hotel staff, that club will close soon. It would be wonderful if the hotel then opens its own bar (with decent hours) for its guests!

Room Tip: If the club still operates, request rooms on floor 3 or up.