“Really good tour”
Review of Royal Carriages

Royal Carriages
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Royal Carriages have been rolling through the French Quarter for over 75 years. We’re the oldest locally owned tour company in all of the city and according to travelers, our carriages tours are the best way to meet the French Quarter. Our tours are immersive, entertaining, and historically accurate. You’ll have a ton of fun with top rated licensed guides who are well-versed in New Orleans' 300 years of wonder. Travelers love the way we present the history in an authentic and exciting way. Discover why travelers say carriage tours are "the highlight of our trip", "our favorite NOLA activity", and "are worth every penny."
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I HATE tours. We have had our share of incredibly bad tours so it was with much skepticism that I let our traveling companions talk me into this. But I was very pleasantly surprised. This was a horse (mule actually) drawn carriage tour of the French Quarter and cemetery. The guide really makes or breaks tours like this. Ours was sensational. Our mule Lizzy was great too. $40 a head and worth every penny. At only an hour it did not drone on and on. It went quickly and was a lot of fun. The cemetery fascinated my friends. It was interesting, but I preferred the informative narrative along the way. Truly interesting and very well presented by our guide/driver. I would actually go again. I have never said this about any tour, anywhere before.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,122)
All reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 23 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 30 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 22 reviews
"walking tour"
in 27 reviews
"mule"
in 650 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My kids loved this! Best way for them to get some history in a fun /spooky way. Recommend for kids 10 and up!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

KJ was fantastic! Great sense of humor and lots of stories. We loved getting to wind through the streets of the quarter and see more of the architecture. Pretty Boy did a great job too!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We had a great time with Queenie and her person companion Kim C. She took us on a tour of the French Quarter and of the #1 cemetery. My daughter loved petting Queenie and giving her a treat.