“Mexican with no spice”

Juan's Flying Burrito
Reserve with OpenTable
Juan's Flying Burrito is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #345 of 2,052 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Neighbourhood: Mid-City
Neighbourhood: Mid-City
Reviewed 6 January 2018

The queue when we got to Juan's indicated we were in for a good dinner, looks can be deceiving. The decor is fun, our server was kind of indifferent, he obviously would have rather been somewhere else. When the food came I didn't feel there was anything authentically Mexican about it. I had the signature dish, it arrived as a foil wrapped roll - points for presentation 0! I felt disappointed with my dinner, Mexican should be zesty and spicy and this just wasn't. Obviously lots of other people like it, but it wasn't for me and I won't be going back.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Second time we have been and it was great. Good variety, great atmosphere and service. Prices are very reasonable for the portions you receive.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We ate at this location today and was just as pleased as with the Magazine St restaurant. The enchiladas were excellent as was the cheese dip, salsa, and guacamole. We met the general manager who was extremely nice. The place was busy, but service was good and timely. Decor is eclectic Mexican and the place was very clean seeming. Juan's continues to be one of our favorite stops when in town.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We walked here tonight to give it a try , place is really clean , really busy and loud . All are fine with us ... wait staff was very nice and on it . Beans and rice belong in the trash or reteach them how to make them . Burritos were good large portions - I had street tacos .. these were odd only because I’m a taco truck person and it was hard to get past flour tortillas instead of corn - meat had really good flavor but way to Spicyfor me - my husband like spicy an he said it was borderline for him too . Salsa was really good , guacamole tasted bought . Margarita was WAY to much ... if you like frozen ones that scream tequila then it will work for you

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Juan's Flying Burrito is one of my favorite places to eat at in New Orleans- great and unique Tex-Mex, with a New Orlean's twist. Due to popularity, expect around a 45-minute wait (or longer during weekends), Try the Bacon-Azul Quesadilla- the ranch-based dipping sauce that it comes with is delish. Parking is minimal, so expect to find street-parking.