All reviews almond french toast every morning two blocks an incredible place to stay french quarter never felt unsafe b bs the inn keeper wealth of information quiet neighborhood wonderful hospitality bed and breakfast rampart street breakfast was delicious mardi gras our room was spacious we've stayed
Reviewed 3 November 2015

Four of us from UK stayed at Cindy's lovely home for five nights. It was an ideal choice for location peaceful and yet close to the action. The rooms were extremely comfortable and well furnished and Cindy allowed us free use of her kitchen for that essential cup of tea that we English need for survival!

Cindy's advice was very useful and greatly assisted our enjoyment of her city and especially the French Quarter and Treme.

The public areas of the house were very comfortable and it is a pity that we didn't make more use of them taking advantage of the good weather to explore by foot and street car.

Breakfast was always plentiful with fruit, granola, yoghurt, fruit juice, coffee or tea and on request we had eggs and sausages patties and links. A good start to the day.

Thank you Cindy for your hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2015

I stayed at the Montrose Row B&B with a group of womenfriends. We LOVED every detail of the place: the classy, artsy, uncluttered rooms; the utterly delicious breakfasts; the location in the super-cool (yet quiet) Treme neighborhood; and the proprietress, Cindy, who never steered us wrong with suggestions of special places to visit and eat. There are not great views from the windows, but after touring the city all day, we were so happy to come home to our quiet, spacious rooms. I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I return to New Orleans.

Room Tip: our rooms were both quiet, classy and comfortable
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank JenPenDC
Reviewed 14 October 2015

We're heading back to New Orleans and Monrose Row next month! I tried to open my last review to show my husband which room we were staying in and couldn't believe I had never posted one. So apologies for being tardy.
Several years back we decided to visit New Orleans every November for our anniversary. After staying at Monrose Row last year we made it part of our annual destination. We just LOVED it. We love the neighborhood, which is what brought us to the guesthouse, and the building is beautiful inside and out. An extraordinary job was done on renovation and decorating, historically appropriate while comfortable, with lots of touches of the owner's wonderful taste in local art. Everything you need is to hand in both room and bath, and the owner is meticulous in terms of upkeep and cleanliness.
But, as others have said, what we love the most is the owner herself. Cindy is the perfect host, good humored and efficient, offering complete privacy or information and advice if asked. She is a long time New Orleans resident and a great source for local history (and gossip if pressed). Since its a B&B I should add that she is a great cook who graciously accommodates a houseful of dietary constraints and preferences, no few being my own.
We always miss New Orleans and last year missed our new "home" there as soon as we left. Can't wait to get back.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2015

This was our first time in New Orleans. CIndy was the perfect host. The room was charming and very clean. Great breakfast too.We told Cindy in advance that my husband is gluten free and I am dairy free, she made wonderful gluten free muffins and I had almond milk to choose from. We both felt very taken care of.
Monrose Row is maybe a 10 min walk to the French Quarter so our room was quite at night which was perfect for us. The area felt safe and very neighborhood like.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2015

My son and I along with several friends spent four nights at the historic Monrose Row bed and breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed our accommodations and meals. Our host, Cindy, is a long time resident of New Orleans and offers a wealth of advise on things to do and see in this exciting town. This inn is situated just two blocks from the official French Quarter section of town. It's a healthy 20 minute walk to Cafe du Monde and Jackson Square. There's plenty of street parking near the inn and once you've found a parking spot, there's no need to use your car if you plan to spend several days within the French Quarter (or you can use the street cars if you are headed to the Garden District). My son and I stayed in the twin bed room which was HUGE and had a separate sitting area and en suite bathroom. We were also able to enjoy spring rain storms by sitting on the outside deck. Cindy's breakfasts were amazing and healthy (quiche, french toast, home made gluten free muffins, etc...). She can also cater to special dietary requests if needed. There is a major benefit to being slightly outside of the French Quarter---it's quiet at night at this inn. I can't imagine getting a good night's sleep if you are any closer to all the nightlife and festivities. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are huge. I've never seen a b&b with rooms this big.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family