Ways to Experience Bourbon Street
from US$20.21
from US$22.00
from US$25.00
7,320 results
All reviews party street people watching police presence mardi gras street performers live music souvenir shops hand grenade great music bars drinking beads partying bands balconies craziness stroll
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 February 2020

Went with my StepDad and his Brother. We had a real good time. I would recommend to stay together with your friends and family. I would drop the old guys off as close as I could, and then drive backt to the hotel, then walk and meet them. I'm an Army Veteran, I wasn't scared, but a few times I really had to stay alert with my surroundings while walking.

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank Brian K
Reviewed 27 February 2020 via mobile

We stayed on this street whilst in NO for 5 nights during Mardis Gras season. Luckily we had a room at the back of the hotel which was away from the noise in the street. This was a mixed bag for me. Loved the hustle and bustle, the musicians on the street and mix of shops and restaurants but this street felt and smelt ( yes it stinks!) dirty. Ok during the day but at night there are some unsavoury characters about that made it feel unsafe.
Our hotel honestly felt like a sanctuary from just outside the main entrance. Would definitely like to visit NO again in the future but would not stay in this street.

1  Thank allywally13
Reviewed 27 February 2020

If you're looking for a place with a whole bunch of adult shops an adult bars is bourbon street is the place for you between every regular bar is either an adult shop or a strip joint if you're not really into that stuff skip it

Date of experience: March 2019
2  Thank Overwelmingdarkness
Reviewed 26 February 2020 via mobile

We loved bourdon street! The party never ends and tons to do for all. Bars, shopping and entertainment! We came everyday to bourbon street!

1  Thank pstas88
Reviewed 24 February 2020 via mobile

Biggest street party you will ever experience special during Mardi Gras! Contiguous vibe with music, dancing and shopping. Plenty of bars, shops, and restaurants.

I been there a few times and each time it is a different experience. Iconic stop in the French Quarter, maybe not for the younger children since can be a little R rated walking around with quit a few drinks, lol.
We did take a group of young adults to Bourbon street earlier in the day(morning) before the streets were to crowed which I am sure be the high light of their trip. It was not to bad that time of day.

It crowded , dirty has bit of strange smell but certainly worth walking a few blocks down street check it off my bucket list.

1  Thank Jktchorne