All reviews newer hotel on a daily basis separate bedroom visiting nola other hotels southern hospitality business trip free breakfast the hotel staff great hotel front desk tv hallway suite housekeeping
Reviewed 28 August 2018

My family stayed here for a week while vacationing in New Orleans. My husband and I were traveling with our 5 young children and teenage niece. We wanted to be close to the French Quarters and have enough space for us all to sleep comfortably and not be climbing over each other. This hotel was perfect for us. It’s within 20 minutes of EVERYTHING, rooms are large and feature a full kitchen and sofa bed, connecting rooms are available, breakfast is free, parking is free, WiFi is free, and the washers/dryers are free. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and were able to recommend many great restaurants and sites to see. Cain in particular helped make sure my family had everything it needed while there, and even assisted us in figuring out the best order to see all of the sites we wanted to see. Prior to our arrival, I was particularly worried about getting connecting rooms as we’ve found this to be particularly difficult at other hotels in the past. Before we arrived Cain assured me he’d do everything possible to make sure we had connecting rooms, and I was delighted that the rooms he’d blocked for us were so large that we could give my teenage niece her own (mostly) private space. We had a WONDERFUL time at this hotel and will definitely stay here again when visiting New Orleans!!!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Dwana C, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Elmwood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

VABeachMomOfTwins we are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed the property and amenities! We take pride in providing the kind of service that lets our guest write reviews such as yours. I'll be sure to pass your review along to our staff including Cain, who will be happy to know that you enjoyed his customer service. Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn New Orleans Elmwood and we can't wait to have you all back.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a company trip and had the pleasure to meet most of the customer service reps Dwana and Francesca and no matter what was asked they never said no just let me help you with that. The evening food they offer was great. Breakfast was served on a daily basis and everything is fresh. Would definitely recommend to stay here. They also offer FREE laundry machines.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Dwana C, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Elmwood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to write such an awesome review. We strive to provide service that allows our guests to write reviews such as yours. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Arrived and when I entered the room pans were missing. Papertowels and coffee were missing and there were dirty dishes in the dishwasher. I called for pans, papertowels and coffee and after 3 calls got new silver that was clean. Then the tv service stopped working. Called for maintenance but no maintenance available at night. They were supposed to come the next day but did not show up so called again. Was told they had showed up but could not get TV working. TV would shut itself off every few minutes or just keep changing channels on its own. I do not believe they did show up because the TV remote was in the bedroom and was still where I left it (also was missing one remote in the room). Someone came that evening but had no idea what to do with TV. So no working TV in either room. Called front desk again and was told they were going to call the Internet/Tv provider so no TV. At checkout received my bill which was the wrong rate. After 3 phone calls and emails finally got a corrected bill. I was never so glad to checkout of a hotel. I will not be back until they get things under control. It's too bad as this hotel is new and could be very nice if the staff was more efficient.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Dwana C, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Elmwood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of the Residence Inn New Orleans Elmwood. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. The scene you've described does not at all reflect the Marriott standard that we aim for here at the Residence Inn. Please feel free to contact me, Dwana Collins, at your earliest convenience, at 504-619-9889 to further discuss this stay and compensation.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

First of all, let me say that my overall stays were nice. The rooms are fresh and modern. I love the update décor and the bathrooms/showers are clean and modern. This Residence Inn does things a little differently though. I stayed here on two separate occasions. My first week here, I arrived to very little clean dishes. I opened the dishwasher and found dirty dishes. ??? I tried to run the dishwasher and was unsuccessful. I chalked it up to a faulty dishwasher but when I checked in the following week, I found the same thing in a different room. The housekeepers do not run the dishwasher on a daily basis. Okay, no biggie. I told the lovely person at the front desk. She tried to tell me how to run it but that didn't work. I asked a housekeeper how to run it. She told me, but that didn't work either. hmm...Aside from the dishwasher experience, everything was good. The receptions in the evening were nice and the food tasty. It's unfortunate that they did not always have beer (as advertised) or red wine. Parking is free and the fitness center is well equipped. The staff was very nice and professional.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank ml59917
Dwana C, Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Elmwood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn New Orleans Elmwood. We appreciate your feedback. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. Please contact me, Dwana Collins, at 504-619-9889 so we can further discuss your stay and restore your confidence in the Marriott brand.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

the rooms was very nice its a new hotel front desk cain and denzel were great cain helped out when needed and denzel was nice as well the only thing my room wasnt cleaned one dathe only reason i was concerned we

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Dwana C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Elmwood, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn New Orleans Elmwood. I'm sorry you had an issue during your stay but I'm happy you were still able to enjoy your visit. I hope you'll select our property again in the future.