Open today: 11:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Wonderful gem well preserved through time!

Alvin Jackson is such a great guy. He is a historian with such a great heart. He will talk and... read more

Reviewed 25 June 2020
flblondee
Chandler, Arizona
via mobile
Small but very interesting

I went with two musicians,a clarinettist and a violinist, so there was an added purpose for our... read more

Reviewed 24 February 2020

from US$10.00
from US$25.00
from US$38.00
More Info
All reviews mardi gras jackson historian paintings jazz revolution neighborhood photos history information tracing roots katrina
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 December 2019

This tiny museum is full of interesting artifacts tracing the origins of jazz from Africa, the Caribbean, and Europe to the US. What makes it special, though, is Mr. Al's storytelling, and his deep knowledge of and connection to the music. We left feeling as though we had traveled through time and around the world, even though the entire experience was contained within a single room. A highlight of our trip -- highly recommended!

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank Y2473WNlisar
Reviewed 7 November 2019

Tiny, but packed museum tracing the history of Jazz back to its roots. Clearly a labor of love for Al - he crams a LOT of information into the tour - he knows *everything* about jazz and is so happy to share. A wonderful experience - highly recommended.

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank cozzgc
Reviewed 31 October 2019

A surprising, luminous tour of the history of music that brought together the many influences that gave rise to what we call New Orleans music. Call it Jazz, call it sidelines, call it ragtime...Alvin Jackson, a veteran sideliner, who curates an educational tour around his one-room museum is a well read, widely traveled historian with so much interesting information, I left wanting more. He was even kind enough to offer to answer questions by email. I am sure I will take him up on it.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 24 August 2019

This place is fantastic! I learned about if from our Historic New Orleans Tours music tour and it put together a lot of the pieces of New Orleans music for me is a small space.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 10 June 2019

Best one-room museum with so much information about the history of Jazz. You'll walk in and you aren't sure what to expect. I can tell you, it the best money you'll ever spend. to learn about the history of Jazz. Mr. Al is an amazing man! Make sure you visit this museum in Treme when you are in New Orleans. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Date of experience: June 2019