All reviews bourbon st great location french quarter jackson square heated pool nice pool balcony room canal street within walking distance would definitely stay here again valet parking courtyard area exposed brick desk staff valet service four nights bathroom door
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Came to NOLA to celebrate my 70th birthday and stayed at Chateau LeMoyne upon the recommendation of my daughter and TripAdvisor reviews. I am very pleased with our 5-night stay.

Booked a king room with balcony. Had a corner room on 4th floor so actually had two balconies! Heat and humidity were unseasonably high this week but I still enjoyed sitting outside and watching the busy streets below. Especially nice after dark with city lights all around.

Room was large and very nicely appointed. Slept well on the comfortable bed (Maybe that was because we walked so much!); did not hear any noise from above, next door or the street below. Several folks complained on TA about the shower and water on the floor. Perhaps a bit of water but not a problem at all. Room was wonderfully made up each day.

Staff was exceptionally friendly and had a cheerful greeting whenever we passed through the lobby. Concierge Darren (Seems like he was on duty all the time!) was especially nice.

Location is 2 blocks from Canal Street trolley which we used several times. One block off Bourbon Street which I tried to avoid.

If we ever return to NOLA, this is where we will stay. I will recommend it to friends.

Room tip: Room 412 is on a corner so has two balconies.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravelWriter48
Ben T, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thank you for the outstanding review on the Chateau LeMoyne. We are delighted that you chose us for your celebration and to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I am happy that you were pleased with your accommodations, location of the hotel and especially, our staff. Please share your experience with others who may be heading our way. We look forward to having you back with us.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Thought we were taking a bit of a risk with this hotel. After some long road trips we wanted comfort and quiet. It did not disappoint. Just a street away from Bourbon street is the perfect location, so you're well located but no noise.
We booked it because it looked like it had some of the flare of New Orleans which we wanted rather then your standard high rise hotel we have seen in every city across the US.
It definately didn't disappoint, rooms are stunning and comfortable, staff are friendly enough.
It did take the night porter too long to realise I was struggling with my bags and the parking is expensive but I gather it's the same everywhere.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay and would definately return here over and over.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ben T, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you, first of all, for choosing the Chateau LeMoyne. We are happy to hear we exceeded your expectations as you enjoyed your room accommodations, location and friendliness of the staff. Please share your experience with others who may be headed to New Orleans. We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip to the Big Easy.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

This is the perfect location. One block from Bourbon street, 2 blocks from Canal Street and the streetcar, and surrounded by food. The rooms are small but the staff was great. They have a small courtyard and pool so you can escape the crazies. If you're planning on running the streets and exploring, stay here, but if you plan on staying in your room, I would suggest staying in a suite.

Room tip: Don't stay by the stairs.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank HappyFeet215

Thank you for the great review of the Chateau LeMoyne. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Being a historic hotel, our rooms vary in size. Our courtyard with heated pool is a quiet and relaxing atmosphere for those wanting a break from the revelry. Please share your experience with others. We look forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Pretty nice hotel just at the end of the French Quarters. The service is pretty good and the location is good for us. It's not in the middle of all the noise, but close enough to walk to everything you would want to do at night here.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Ben T, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you for the great review on the Chateau Lemoyne. Our location in the French Quarter is a great asset to us. As you mentioned, we are so close to everything.....one block from Bourbon Street. However, after the revelry is over, you are privy to a nice quiet atmosphere of relaxation. We are so happy you chose us and we look forward to your return on your next visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

I enjoyed so much about my stay at the Lemoyne. The location is wonderful, right near Bourbon street. Close enough to hear the music from the neat little deck, and everything quieted down by 10pm, which is perfect. The staff were exceptionally friendly towards me and all of those staying at the same time (we were there for a workshop). Every question or request was handled nicely. The room itself was fine too (and did I mention that cute deck???).

The only issue was breakfast one morning, when whoever was supposed to open at 6:30a wasn't there. It ultimately led to many staff stepping up and doing things like taking customer orders … but in the midst there was a loud and profane fight among two of them. But I put that down to missing leadership and people doing their best under stress. In any case there were plenty of other places for breakfast so I didn't go back there.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank deborahf702

Thank you for the great review on the Chateau LeMoyne. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and especially, the service from the staff. As for the restaurant issue, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I will pass this comment on to the management of the restaurant.
We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to New Orleans.