All reviews main mansion miss pat old mansion pool and hot tub french quarter port of call louis armstrong esplanade avenue within walking distance every morning few blocks yogurt frenchman st southern hospitality ceiling fan home away from home mardi gras
Reviewed 24 June 2014

What a total DISAPPOINTMENT ! I made reservations for my wife and me and for another couple.
I’ll just list a few of the issues with this place (mind you I was trying to look at the positives since I made the reservations)
The property grounds were un-kept and weedy. The pool/patio area is a disgrace because it’s FILTY DIRTY and NASTY. It was appalling and UN American to say the least seeing a tattered, torn, faded, and shredded American flag hanging from our building. The bathroom was filthy, darkly lit and smelly. That’s probably why a toilet plunger was parked beside the toilet (at least the kitchen sink had enough water pressure to brush your teeth).
The morning breakfast that so many previous reviewers bragged about was a joke for us.. Luke warm coffee, no fresh fruit (was told that it was at the end of the ordering cycle), a cold bland egg/sausage casserole was served on one morning along with Costco bagel’s and there weren’t any sliced cheeses or meats either.
Finally, the 'confrontational owner’ encounter that we had with her wasn’t a pleasant one either. Either she’s in the wrong line of work and or she needs to travel more to see and experience what a professionally staffed, properly maintained and operated BnB SHOULD look like. All in all there is a total lack of effort on all fronts at the Rathbone.

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere
Reviewed 23 June 2014

What a disappointment. Just got back last evening. The place is FILTHY and it smells. The pool is Disgusting obviously they never clean it, including the hot tub. Cigarette butts everywhere, dirty ash trays all over the place. GROSS... I've never stayed at a place so bad! The food equally as bad!!! Even the coffee was cold.
The innkeeper is not a very nice person!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
1  Thank Rose D
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Upon arrival there is NO parking. Very difficult to find a safe place to park. The bed and breakfast itself was rustic but had a very welcoming feel to it. The staff was great and we LOVED the gal serving breakfast. The room itself smelled really bad of mold and my husband having allergies immediately started sneezing and became sick. By the second night he was running a fever. We checked out the next morning. I would not recommend this location if you have severe allergies or handicapped. The location to the french quarter and Bourbon St is within 7 blocks from this location and taxi service is always close and fairly cheap.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Arrived late around 9pm and found a note on the door, telling us where to get the key for the room. It was kind of fun, almost like a scavenger hunt to find the key and then find your way to the room. Being an old property, is one thing, but I think it could have been cleaner, with hair on the floor and the bathroom although was small, should have been cleaner with hair, mold in the shower. The bed was not comfortable for me, but I'm a pretty big guy, so that may have been the reason. On some of the sites it says its 2 blocks from Bourbon St. The owners say its 5 blocks, a much better estimate. I don't think would stay there again, because there are so many better places to find a room. I think the owners really try hard, but the property being old does make things difficult. The pool at night is dark and un-inviting and after seeing the room, we did not make use of the pool. We stayed in room 7.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I spent a week here in the main house, room 9. Pat and Tonya were awesome and gave us all the info on what to do and where to eat, and Pat even booked us on a great tour of the city given by a local guide. The breakfasts were delicious, especially the coffee! The pool and hot tub were a nice place to relax after a long day of touring the city. Within walking distance of the French quarter and the bus stop is also right out front. A couple of good neighborhood restaurants nearby - Buffa's and Port of Call, and a small corner grocery as well. Great location on a beautiful tree-lined street. Our room was nicely decorated and included a microwave and small fridge, iron and hair dryer as well. Thanks for making our trip to NOLA a pleasure!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple