All reviews double tree warm cookies front desk great location french quarter usb ports harrah's casino canal street within walking distance hotel is perfect one night stay convention center the hotel is clean would stay here again the room was nice free breakfast mardi gras
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We checked in early and India (the front desk staff) was THE BEST!! She was so sweet and patient! She also helped us when there were problems with our sink and such.
If you have a car, be sure to park valet. It’s pretty reasonably priced and the customer service here is stellar!! We dropped our car off with Phillip and picked it up with Patrick. They were so awesome! Also so nice and efficient. Such great customer service with the valet!
Thank you for an excellent stay!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Scott_GM_DoubleTree, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Katiepi,
Thank you so much for the compliments about India, Phillip, Patrick and we're happy they were all able to provide you excellent service. We sincerely hope to see you again when you're back in the city.
Best,
Scott

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’m not able to travel for fun very often but with two kids now at the same university, (and therefore on the same Fall Break schedule), my bride and I took the fam on a short beignet trip. Since the plan include a DAY Time walk through SOME of the French Qtr but more emphasis was on the outlet and shopping, the DblTree seemed most convenient. I reserved 2 rooms (6 people) at 50k pts per room per night. That’s higher than I’ve ever spent but...

The rooms were normal sized and reasonably furnished, but the Hilton experience was off. Despite being Diamond there was no ‘extra’ - though the 4 bottles of water at arrival should count for something I guess. The WiFi was unusable; easy to connect but loading up Yelp, GMaps, etc took nearly a minute per click. I tethered to my phone to get email on my notebook. The noise penetration from neighbors was high and we felt blessed there were only a few staying on our floor who over stayed on Bourbon St.

The morning breakfast was limited to only 4 people (2 per room) and the $9 for the oatmeal bar or $19 for the ‘full’ breakfast including scrambled eggs and bacon for the extra people was only acceptable because the others were included with the rooms. Were it not for our crew being too hungry to wander in the morn, I would have preferred to pay for good food elsewhere for a bit more.

Bottom line. The HHonors $$ price per night was outlandish for the property and even though I booked with points, I should have stayed elsewhere and used Lyft/Uber.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Calvin P, on behalf of management at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel as your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity to make it right.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed for 3 nights from 9th Oct to 12th Oct 2018 for a conference. Even as a hhonors members they were reluctant given a bottle of water for drinking. Even I had given advanced notice to provide shaving and dental kits, they never provided. I have never faced this while staying in India - Hilton hotels. Very poorly managed hotel for members.

Room Tip: please avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel was very clean and staff was very professional. Our primary complaint was the quality of the pillows. I would recommend bringing your own pillow if you come to stay at the hotel. Otherwise, housekeeping staff and the desk staff were helpful, courteous, and professional!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Scott_GM_DoubleTree, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

d0ct0rfrissa,
Thank you so much for the great review and we're glad that you had a nice stay with us. We will definitely address your concerns with the pillows We appreciate the comments and hope to see you back soon.
Best,
Scott

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived on THrusday evening for a long weekend with our young duaghter. check-in went fine with no issues. We were told of the breakfast which had changed since our last visit. Now if you want anything other than fruit and yogurt it is $9 per person even for a diamond level customer.
Room was clean but we needed more than 3 wash clothes since there was 3 of us taking at least 2 showers before the next cleaning. It took three request to finally get the towels.
My daughter and I ate lunch in the restaurant which took for ever to be served. If it wasn't for the bus boy who knows how long it would have taken. Apparently one server and two bartenders were preoccupied talking.
Asked for two bottles of water on our 5th night when returning for the evening and were told no needed to purchase since we received two at check-in.
Saturday there was a wedding reception on the 16th floor, we stayed on the 14th, we could here the dance music in our room loud and clear until midnight. When I called to ask front desk about it he said yeah sorry we have had a lot of people call about it but it will only last till 11:30.
In short, eat else wear, take ear plugs, don't expect much from the staff and buy water across the street or just fined a better hotel to stay.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
kretpa, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Caleb - I am incredibly sorry for the troubling experiences you had during your stay. We promote a culture of complete guest satisfaction within our team and certainly failed in our efforts while you were with us. I appreciate your calling these issues to my attention so I can address with our management staff. If you'd like to discuss your stay further I can be reached directly at scott.ward@hilton.com.

Kind Regards,