5 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$117
Expedia.comUS$117
travelup.comUS$132
2,940 results
All reviews great location front desk bourbon street french quarter indoor pool royal street canal st within walking distance room key beds were comfortable mardi gras valet parking mississippi river per day jackson square few blocks ole
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel several years ago during Mardi Gras. It is a prime location for the parades.

This time, I stayed during the week of Christmas to New Years. Check in was a breeze. The front desk staff was friendly. They informed me that the room I booked didn’t have a microwave or fridge, and if I wanted those then I could upgrade for $5 per night. I was given a room that faced another building. Not a good view at all, but no surprise considering you’re in the middle of Downtown New Orleans. The room was clean (but since we visited during the pandemic, I went ahead and brought my own disinfecting wipes from home to wipe down all the handles, hangers, phone, remote, and table tops). The room is not sound proof. I could hear the traffic and music outside, and the people talking in their rooms next door. The worst thing was how loudly the doors slammed when people left their rooms... every morning, bang, bang, bang! And the walls shook from that too. The day before our departure, I heard housekeeping bother our neighbor twice before the 11:00 checkout time. I arranged for a late checkout with the front desk the night before (they let me stay an extra hour). Housekeeping came and bothered me twice that morning as well (once at 10:10, and again at 11:30). Also, most days the shower was great... the temperature was super hot and the water pressure was really good too... however, on my last day, the water was ice cold (at 9:00 in the morning... maybe an increase in guests since it was New Years Day... but I don’t recall that being an issue during Mardi Gras).

Additionally, during the pandemic, the gym and pool are closed, and they do not have daily housekeeping. They give you a bag with coffee, shampoo, and soap when you check in. If you need more then you can go grab another bag from the front desk. If you want clean towels then you can call and they’ll send someone to bring you some. If you want someone to tidy up your room, then you can arrange for housekeeping to come while you are out of your room. The elevator allows up to 2 guests or one party at a time. Surprisingly enough, we didn’t have any issues with the elevators being too slow or full (I remember that being a problem when we stayed during Mardi Gras).

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank MsKay84
Craig Mouney, Owner at Wyndham New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for the detailed review of my hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you back the next time you visit New Orleans.

Reviewed 25 December 2020 via mobile

Took our teen granddaughters to New Orleans for a few days. The hotel was located to shopping and dining. We walked to the market and Jackson Square. Hotel was very clean, excellent check in, and safe parking.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank ArkansasPam

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for the GREAT review of my hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you back the next time you visit New Orleans.

Reviewed 18 December 2020

Our stay in December 2020 was amazing. Great location, clean, and comfortable. Stayed on the 15th floor facing the river which had an amazing view. Would definitely stay again for the great value and price.

Date of stay: December 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Cara G

Reviewed 7 December 2020

Hands down the best staff I have encountered. Ravae was remarkable at check-in and extremely helpful and friendly. She gave me some advice about things to do as NOLA transitioned back to phase 2 just the day before. Everything about the stay was remarkable - front desk staff, security, and valet staff were all great. We had an amazing stay....

My ONLY suggestion would be to find a way to communicate AT the elevators that your key card is needed to access the floors. It was communicated at the desk and WE remembered but many guests seemed lost and did not know what to do. Caused a few angry faces and frustration. Maybe post a sign or something?

AND....beware of parking (most people traveling to French Quarter will probably know this) BUT I was a newbie and had NO IDEA that parking would be $30 a night - can through an unexpected wrench in your budget!

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank karen30046

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for the GREAT review of my hotel. Ravae is the BOMB.COM. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you back the next time you visit New Orleans.

Reviewed 30 November 2020 via mobile

Driving from Atlanta to Houston and decided to stay over in New Orleans. Booked a room last-minute online at Wyndham French Quarters. Room was small but the beds were so comfortable. And for the price, there are no complaints. Check-in was simple and the clerk Ravae was very accommodating. Would stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2020