“Good lunch menu”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Ate here for lunch during a family trip to New Orleans because it was within walking distance of our hotel. Had a nice selection on their lunch menu and prices were great! Good size portions as well. Didn't love the egg roll but fried rice was tasty.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

They have Chinese, Vietnamese, and Thai dishes. Very delicious. I usually eat the pho when I go but I change it up sometimes. I recently had the triple dragon and my wife had the pork fried rice. Both were done very well.

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

So wonderful. We ended up here randomly and were pleasantly surprised. We plan to be back! Lemongrass chicken was wonderfully spicy. Orange chicken was beautiful and tasty.

Reviewed 9 January 2016

Have eaten here twice recently. Block or so off of St. Charles. In hospital (Touro) area and a few other eating spots nearby. Ate here once for lunch and once for dinner so far. Lunch was too oily. Dinner was a bit better. Service is fast. Menu is what I call neighborhood Chinese--lunch menu for folks who want to eat and get back to work and dinner for those either working or living nearby. Not a destination restaurant, but totally acceptable if you are in the area. Plenty of vegetarian and vegan options, as well as meat dishes. Nothing unique, but all your favorites like orange chicken, egg rolls, spring rolls, soups, etc. Neighborhood staple.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

I've been to August Moon before and always enjoyed it. Stopped in this afternoon because (a) I had a coupon that was about to expire, (b) I was in the neighborhood, and (c) I'd been in the mood for Chinese food all week (and the supermarket's frozen egg rolls just didn't cut it). My game plan was to have the wonton soup and egg rolls there, and take the Triple Dragon entree home for dinner.

Wonton soup--Simply the BEST I've ever had anywhere. Most wonton soups contain the wonton and a few pieces of cut up green onions, right? This one had, in addition to the plump wonton, a number of quartered mushrooms (I think shiitake but when I asked all I was told was that they were "fresh", "whole" and "cut-up" which they were ;-]), a generous portion of some sort of greens, and a few small slabs of pork--absolutely delicious! Add to this that, by adding it on to an entree order, it only cost $2.95--such a deal!!

Egg rolls--excellent with lots of small shrimp in them. Very, very tasty. And the sauce that came with them is lite, not the gummy duck sauce of old.

As for the Triple Dragon, looking forward to having it later, but it smells yummy!