“Yummy!!! ”

Drago's Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Drago's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #270 of 2,093 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Home of the Original Charbroiled Oyster!
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Located inside the Hilton Riverwalk, they don't take reservations, we were 10 people on a Sunday night we only waited 10 min!
Service was ok, he was a young man and fairly new, and kept forgetting our orders but its ok u got to start somewhere!
Char Grilled oysters were good, not the best, a bit over rated and reviewed, touristy place, but no locals. Good drinks, very family oriented. The lobster mac and cheese was very yummy. So was the Cajon shrimp!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,800)

Reviewed 5 February 2018

For someone you doesn't normally eat oysters, this place really took me out of my shell and had us coming back two days in a row for the most amazing chargrilled oysters doused in the most amazing butter garlic sauce you can imagine. Well worth the cost and a great experience even sitting up at the counter watching them grill the oysters. If ever in NOLA you have to make a trip here.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Charbroiled oysters and Fried Oyster po-boy. If you want those things - come here. Charbroiled oysters are served with garlic butter and also some light/airy french bread. The po-boy is served on the same bread, with some forgettable french fries.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

A large restaurant with friendly service and great food. I tried their signature BBQ oysters and they were excellent. This is the finest in-hotel restaurant I have ever experienced.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

The Charbroiled Oysters at Drago’s are by far the best oysters my husband or I have ever had anywhere hands down. My husband & I were referred to this spot by our neighbor who is a native to New Orleans, as well as other locals in the area. The oysters are brought out to you with half a loaf of French bread & covered in their signature sauce which is absolutely delicious especially when you use the bread to dip into the sauce. While there we also had one of the New Orleans signature drinks a French 75, it was delicious and I would recommend if you like a champagne base with a hint of lemon. We also tried the seafood gumbo which was also delicious full of shrimp and New Orleans Creole seasonings. We finished off our visit with New Orleans bread pudding, since it is something they are known for. It was a piece of rum raisin bread covered in a liquid Carmel rum sauce which made the bread soft and bursting with that bread pudding flavor.

TIPS: It gets packed at Drago’s between the locals and tourists, so I would recommend calling ahead, making a reservation, or bar seating, which is first come first serve. An insider tip told to us by our neighbor, if the restaurant and bar are full over at Drago’s you can sit at the Hilton Hotel bar which is connected to Drago’s and if you order the Oysters they are the oysters from Drago’s.