Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
US$188
US$159
Preferred Hotels
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$176/night.

US$145
US$139
BestWestern.com
  • Free Breakfast
US$207
Hampton.com
  • Free Breakfast
Best Western Plus St. Charles Inn(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$166
Royal St Charles Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$127
US$117
Hotels.com
  • Fitness centre
Hilton New Orleans Riverside(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 30/07
US$224
US$190
  • Restaurant
Loews New Orleans Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$120
Loews Hotels
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

InterContinental New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$107
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

Free cancellation until 01/08
US$243
US$216
  • Restaurant
MOXY New Orleans Downtown/French Quarter Area(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$92
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

All reviewsfront porchgarden districtclaw foot bathtubold mansioncharles avenuebottomless mimosasfirst floorawesome barhistoric naturetrolley runsstreet carsshrimp and gritswedding guestsstreetcar linetulane universitybloody maryenjoy your stay
Reviewed 24 June 2017

My wife and I rode the trolley from the French Quarter to Columns for a late lunch on the recommendation of a local friend.
We had no trouble finding a table on the front porch and enjoyed watching the leisurely pace of St Charles St.
The food and service were both very good and I would not hesitate to return for another meal. It's off the beaten path and pretty much free of tourists.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GMill69
Reviewed 24 June 2017

The hotel is what you might expect for a comfortable, old established inn. The attraction isn't so much the accommodations as it is the ambiance and the extras. The extras include being right on Sint Charles Avenue and the streetcar line, a huge front porch where you can sit and watch the world go by, a great bar and live music. If you enjoy all the extras, this is the place for rest and relaxation!

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 11 May 2017

This building is a circa 1800 mansion that has been converted into a hotel. Unfortunately it needs some upkeep; it's looking a little shabby. Holes in the table cloths, paint worn away on the walls. Some nice antique furniture and some not so nice antique furniture. One electrical outlet that I could find (although as I was leaving the next day, I saw a power strip hidden under an armoire).
I checked in in the early evening, left the room and returned in time to do a little work on my computer and go to sleep. In the morning I realized there was no TV in the room, and wondered why there was one of those really ugly, grey, old-fashioned air conditioner units hung high on the wall above the bathroom door, even though there was a control panel on the side wall and air conditioning vents in the ceiling - which blew cool air in spite of being turned off. Then I put on my glasses and discovered that the air conditioning unit was actually an old box shaped TV.
Lots of hot water in the shower - no bathtub - but no bath matt on the tile floor, so be careful getting out.
The room was large and the bed was good, but the walls are so thin I could hear the guest in the room next to me yawning (in addition to everything he was saying) and every time his computer or iPhone dinged, I heard that, too.
If you're on the upper floors and you have luggage, you're going to need some upper body strength to deal with the elevator. First you'll need the receptionist to leave her desk and unlock the steel outer door. Then pull that open and slide back the heavy inner gate. Once inside, pull the outer door closed and slide the inner gate closed. It takes some doing. Repeat the process to exit on your floor and then pull the inner gate closed and close the steel door so the elevator can return downstairs.
The hotel has some beautiful woodwork in the lobby and the side sitting rooms where breakfast is served, and the bar is very popular, with live music most nights.
The real draw here is the front porch patio where you can dine or just sit and enjoy St. Charles Street.
I wouldn't recommend it for families with children.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank wwcodysmom
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

We were told to have a drink on the veranda of the Columns Hotel. The porch is lovely but the service was horrible. We sat for at least 30 minutes and no server ever acknowledged us. We finally went in the bar and got our own drinks. We cleared our table of the dirty dishes. The server told us they were understaffed but other tables got two rounds of drinks and food when we got nothing. We tried to order food, but had no luck. This is inexcusable. This place needs to do much better.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank travlinmom1429
Reviewed 3 April 2017

We love this hotel. We have been staying at the Columns for over 30 years and have seen many changes but the character that makes us come back has not changed. We love mornings on the front porch, or the upstairs veranda and late nights in the bar. The location is ideal. We can walk and/or take the street car anywhere we want to go; no need for a car. We only ate breakfast in the restaurant and it was good, but with so many great choices for lunch and dinner in New Orleans, we never ate other meals at the hotel. The rooms and bathrooms are not perfect but I love them anyway because I feel like that is part of the charm of this old hotel. We never spend much time in the room anyway! The only thing that is uncomfortable about the room is how you can hear everything in the next room (room with adjoining door). Service was good and staff was friendly.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple