All reviews front porch magazine street garden district charles suite commander's palace perfect hosts lafayette cemetery yogurt parfait other guests charles streetcar french quarter every morning highly recommend this b b breakfast was delicious honor bar audubon park home away from home
Reviewed 27 September 2015

This was my first time staying at a Bed and Breakfast! And I would do it again in a heartbeat if the accommodations were as wonderful as they are at Sully Mansion B&B! Located in the residential quiet/safe area of New Orleans. We were greeted by Guy and Gracie. Immediately we knew we would be well taken care of. Our room (The Royal Room) was huge, complete with two Queen Size beds, faux fireplace, sitting chairs, etc. The decor added a warm ambience of character! With all artwork being available for sale. The bathroom was nicer than some top notch hotels complete with Granite Vanity Double sinks! When traveling with a friend this was especially a nice treat, we both could apply our makeup and chat at the same time! Separate shower and commode area with another tiny little sink tucked in the corner with another mirror above it. Surprising we used that sink too. A large dresser in the bathroom accommodates enough clothing should you decide to stay for months! Our quiet room was on the second floor and so we didn't experience any noise from guests coming/going.
A nice touch of coffee/tea left outside our room at 7:00 a.m. to enjoy before having breakfast in the dining room. There is a wrap-around porch that is inviting. We meant to sit and relax, but sightseeing New Orleans kept us too busy. It was extremely nice to take the conveniently located streetcar ride to come home to Sully after touring New Orleans which can get noisy and congested. Peacefulness awaited us.... ohhhh yes!
The Owners offer wonderful suggestions for dining... and help guide you in whatever you wish to see/do. They will also make reservations for tours if needed, which we needed for a Swamp Tour. They arranged our taxi back to the airport, and since our departure was prior to breakfast, Nancy packed a 'To Go' box for us. Very thoughtful.
And YES, Gracie is as special as everyone mentions in their review!

Room Tip: The Royal Room has two queen beds if traveling with a friend.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2015

I truly don't understand the negative reviews I've seen here for Sully Mansion. First, the home is beautiful and in the perfect location. The room that we originally thought we wanted when we looked online was booked for part of our stay, so we booked a smaller room for the first night and were going to change rooms after one night for the rest of our stay. As soon as we arrived, Nancy showed us to our room (she even carried part of our heavy luggage upstairs!) but then offered us a larger, nicer room than the one that we originally wanted---at a nicely discounted rate---just so we wouldn't have to change rooms! Our room was beautiful, as is the entire house! Nancy allowed me to satisfy my curiosity and love of these old houses and roam freely about in all the rooms (the ones that weren't occupied!). We were provided with information on things to do around town and places to eat when we first arrived, and told that if we needed additional information or had any questions to just ask. Coffee (and all the fixins) was brought up to the common area of the rooms at 7am each day. Breakfast was very well planned, with much thought put into what was served each day and the atmosphere was always pleasant, with both Nancy and Guy (and Gracie) in attendance, chatting with all the guests---both making sure no one lacked for anything. I didn't get much of a chance to talk with Guy, but my husband talked his ear off one afternoon (my hubby can and will TALK your ear off if given the chance!) and talked about the house and all the work they've done on it. My husband had very positive things to say about Guy. And who can forget Gracie!!! We wanted to bring her home with us!!! Overall, we had a wonderful experience at Sully Mansion and we highly recommend staying here. We are already talking about our next trip!!! We will be back!!!

Reviewed 25 September 2015

We were in New Orleans to celebrate our anniversary and to visit our son at Tulane. Nancy and Guy (and of course Gracie) offer a lovely, welcoming atmosphere in a beautiful setting. Our room (Prytania) was quiet and comfortable, and breakfast was superb. We particularly enjoyed chatting with our friendly hosts, and with the other guests. The Garden District location can't be beat, and Nancy and Guy helped guests plan how to best explore the neighborhood. We visit New Orleans frequently and will definitely return to Sully Mansion!

1  Thank Ping60
Reviewed 24 September 2015

I was in New Orleans for Mardi Gras 2015 on business. Sully Mansion is a FANTASTIC little secret up in the "Garden District". The owners made me feel right @ home & the breakfast in the gorgeous dining room every morning was always a fun & delicious experience. I'm not very savvy when it comes to B&B's but after one stay I am hooked!!! I can't imagine ever staying any where else & can't wait until next year. I lived in NOLA in the 80"s hardly ever left the Quarter except for work. Sully Mansion is VERY convenient to the streetcar line just one block, FANTASTIC for the parade route & Nancy & Guy are always there if you should need anything, I feel like I've been adopted @ 64 Yrs.young. A MUST for single travelers, couples & small groups. ♥

Stayed: February 2015
Reviewed 18 September 2015

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Sully Mansion! From the moment we were greeted by Guy, Nancy and Gracie we felt right at home. The house is beautiful and possesses the warm Southern charm typical of New Orleans and the Garden District. It is situated perfectly for easy access to the St. Charles street car line and the French Quarter, not to mention Magazine Steet. Our room was very inviting and comfortable and our breakfasts each morning were simply delicious! Guy and Nancy provided great insights into the local history of the surrounding area and had wonderful recommendations for dinner and activities to check out. We are looking forward to our next trip to NOLA and the Sully Mansion! Thank you for making our trip so memorable!

Room Tip: Each room is uniquely different, all with private baths.
1  Thank Maureen M