3 people are viewing this hotel
US$99
Free cancellation until 14/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
travelup.comUS$134
Expedia.comUS$98
Hotels.comUS$98
2,551 results
All reviews carondelet street great location french quarter two blocks bourbon st the breakfast area valet parking free breakfast rooms are huge corner room historic building room key would stay here again within walking distance valet service street cars front desk staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

Location is really great!!! A few steps away from Streetcar stops, Bourbon Street, a convenience store. After here, we stayed in another Hilton near river front and feel this hotel has the best location. And staff was really welcoming.

As a diamond member, we got an upgrade to 2 queen suit. Facility is vintage but slightly dated. TV and some lighting were not working.

Sidenote, they got a cork opener at the front desk. Overall, we think it's a cozy suit and would come back.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank DoctorJ1234
Reviewed 27 December 2020 via mobile

We stayed for one night over Christmas weekend. The hotel was great for our needs. We had a 2 queen suite with a sofa bed so my kids did not have to share a bed. The hotel is two blocks from the French Quarter and the street it is on turns into Bourbon St. Check in was easy and the room had everything we needed. I would stay here again because it is close to the French Quarter but not in the middle of the craziness. You can get a good night’s sleep here. We bought parking in advance on Spot Hero and paid $15 for 24 hrs. This garage was just a couple blocks from the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Lori M
Reviewed 24 November 2020

Our NOLA vacation was far from perfect starting with grabbing the wrong bus at the airport. We ended up Ubering from where our bus made its last stop. I kept track of where we were using google maps on my phone. I didn’t completely throw caution in the wind but we would have saved so much time and trouble if I had just asked the driver as soon as we got on. FYI you’re looking at around $22 at an Uber to this hotel. Not bad especially for a small group. The bus schedule was horrible and it was the middle of summer. We tried to do the bus again at the crack of dawn when we were leaving to fly back home but it never showed at the time that the schedule said and we had to order an Uber again.
As for the other kind of public transportation we were going to be dependent on for the majority of the trip: streetcar, it went so much better. They were very frequent. We had a day pass for each full day of our stay. We still did quite a bit of walking. Never at night though because the area did not feel safe.
I guess I should talk about the hotel. I have to say I’ve stayed at nicer Hampton inns but overall we were comfortable. A fridge and microwave in the room is a must for me as I always travel with a child and he needs snacks. I was able to hook my fire stick up to the TV so I didn’t have watch shows on an iPad. The WiFi is free so that’s how I was able to stream. Not a fan of the brown bag breakfasts that you get at all the hotels now due to COVID. I was more than happy to wait till I got to a cafe du monde. We snacked there at least once every day of our stay at NOLA.
Getting bottled water in those breakfast bags was great though. Visiting this place in August is very hot and sticky. Not the most comfortable way to walk around.
The front doors of the hotel were key card access only at night so you don’t want to forget that when you head out.
Let me finish out with the highlights of our trip.
The streetcar ride through the garden district was very nice. A few grocery stores there where you can pick up some stuff. I didn’t notice any close to the hotel. We enjoyed our jazz cruise with steamboat Natchez through the river. We booked that in a shop in the French quarter. Also picked up an alligator tour that I thought was just alright. Hanging out by the river is really nice looking at the jazz boats and grabbing a snack at cafe du monde. We loved having lunch at mother’s. We enjoyed it more than their breakfast. Grilled oysters at Oceania’s is super yummy. I miss those almost as much as beignets.
There’s a convenience store very close to the hotel called Brothers. I thought it was just ok. The fried chicken didn’t seem like anything special. Not a fan of the rice. The meat pie was decent.
We of course took home some souvenirs: pralines, a couple of cans of the cafe du monde coffee and a mug.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Ango4
Reviewed 16 November 2020

This hotel is just a couple of blocks from Bourbon Street and located in a historic building. Our room was huge with a king bed, full sized couch and ottoman, side chair, desk with chair, bureau with refrigerator and wardrobe. The bath was a nice size too with plenty of counter space. The room was quite clean, although the brown carpet looked very dated. We were able to get everything we needed from the front desk staff. We stayed 4 nights and were very comfortable during out stay.

Date of stay: November 2020
4  Thank janiewa
Reviewed 24 September 2020 via mobile

Had a great stay at this property the 3rd week of September 2020. Everything was clean and disinfected. Used the digital check in and key feature, so never had to visit the front desk.

The second day there was an issue with the aircon unit leaking onto the floor. Called maintenance and they were up within 5 minutes and had the issue resolved.

Great service, comfortable beds, spacious rooms, and about a 10-15 minute walk to everything. Actually, I think I averaged 8 minutes everywhere. The 15 minute walk was to the WWII museum, which is a don’t miss exhibit.

Date of stay: September 2020