“Another nice stay...”

Place d'Armes Hotel
Ranked #34 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This was my 10th visit to the Place D' Armes over the last three years. I adore this hotel and most everyone that works there. The location is beyond compare and staff is very accommodating. The rooms are very nice, although some are dated. I do know that the hotel has been doing upgrades and renovations. I have seen the difference since my first stay in 2009. One thing, be sure and verify room rates directly with the hotel. I booked a junior suite for this stay, called and asked what the max. occupancy was told 4 people. When my friends and I arrived, we were charged an additional $20 per person, per night for the third and fourth guest. I was, to say the least, upset. When I inquired about it, I was told the rates are based on one or two people in a room. Really? Then tell me that when I ask about the maximum occupancy. As an extremely loyal customer, I was shocked. I have never been charged an extra fee for a third or fourth person during my previous stays. I do have plans to address this with the management.
That aside, it is a true gem in the Quarter!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the main courtyard are wonderful.
2  Thank RN1969
There are newer reviews for Place d'Armes Hotel

Reviewed 24 February 2012

This was our fourth stay at the Place d'Armes -- and again, hospitality, fine accomodations, and a wonderful staff made us feel welcome and "part of the family." Our room was impeccable, the view wonderful, and the facilities charming. Special praise for Dionne -- who makes you feel welcome as soon as you come in the door -- and Lynn -- who makes every guest feel special and works in every way to make your stay spectacular. Despite the full house and Mardi Gras frenzy, the hotel staff always took time to know and serve every guest. This is one hotel that will not disappoint!

2  Thank GaryfromDelaware
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I originally had booked at the number one rated travelers lodge, but changed after talking to a relative who had stayed at the Place d'Armes Hotel. This was our first visit to New Orleans. We decided to have a mini vacation in NOLA, before getting on the Royal Caribbean cruise ship. As they say in real estate...location, location, location. The Place d'Armes is in a great location. It is in great walking distance for everything in the French Quarter. It is an older hotel with a lot of history. It is not the most fancy place we have ever stayed, but it was very clean and cozy. If we returned to NOLA we would stay here again. They have a nice little breakfast every morning. We enjoyed visiting New Orleans. It is an interesting city that we are glad we made extra time for.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank recker2
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Another stay at the Place d' Arms on St Ann was great! Location,location location. Right off the Square and Royal. The hotel is old but cute, bathrooms are small but OK.If you are looking for local charm this a place for you. If you are looking to party hardie this is not the place. Parking with grate but at thirty dollars a day it should be.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are the nicest. The stairs can be rough at time so I always get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Craig-hopeithelps
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I always stay at the Plade d' Armes in the French Quarter. The European charm of the structure and ambience is outstanding. The rooms are clean and comfortable, absolutely love the courtyard. Safety is one of my main issues at any hotel, I have never been disappointed. We had dinner and brunch at Muriels in the French Quarters- FANTASTIC, Oceana's @ 739 Conti & Bourbon St., seafood crepes -WONDERFUL, Pat O'Brien's crawfish cakes must have every time I visit New Orleans. The paddle boat tour was interesting, we did not have the lunch which consisted of fied chicken and starchy sides. Our Cafe du Monde experience is always one of the first places we visit (the prices have increased). Absolutely love sitting in Jackson Square to people watch. I can't wait or my next trip to the Big Easy!

Room Tip: Any and all rooms are outstanding - would not want a room facing the busy street.
3  Thank MagHoustonTx