6 people are viewing this hotel
US$194
Free cancellation until 07/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$195
PricelineUS$194
Hotels.comUS$195
ZenHotels.comUS$250
4,987 results
All reviews sazerac bar waldorf astoria fountain lounge teddy's cafe domenica restaurant beautiful hotel personal concierge the blue room french quarter turn down service christmas decorations king suite canal street classic hotel beautiful lobby old world concierge desk
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2021 via mobile

When you communicated you are celebrating anniversary and got absolutely nothing from the hotel, it was definitely disappointing. The absolutely nothing is not only referring to any desserts or benefits, the front desk doesn’t even congratulate you. The front desk lady Jessica, said no welcome to our hotel, said no congratulations to your celebration, said no thank you for staying with our property. Very ridiculously rude!!!

The room was outdated, but their mini bar charging system is very much up to date. You can get charged very easily with their motion detecting laser set up around the mini bar. Be careful!!!

The bathrobe had some interesting black spots. Don’t know if it’s mold or not. Disgusting!!!

The toiletries, although unopened, had very disgusting stain on it. My understanding is last customer made a few soapy splashes but the hskp didn’t replace them. What an eco friendly attitude during COVID!!!

Their bakery, despite the unfriendly attitude from the service, has really good pastry quality and very inexpensive. Spent all our Diamond $30 credit there and got 7, 8 amazing pieces of pastries. Yummy.

Anyway, you got what you paid for. If you are expecting a five star hotel service, stay away from it.

3  Thank felixt-sunnyvale
Etienne Tardy, Marketing at The Roosevelt New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2021

Dear Felixt-sunnivale;

Thank you for sharing your feedback and letting us know about your stay. Please accept our deepest apologies for not delivering to your expectations and missing the mark by a wide margin.

Please let us know your contact information so we can discuss your feedback as we strive for exceptional stays.

The management team at the Roosevelt hotel.

Reviewed 22 December 2020

The hotel itself is fine. It is very large and somewhat confusing to navigate due to the two sets of elevators to different towers. The app that is supposed to act as your key does not work well in the building, particularly in the elevators. The pool area is too small for how large the hotel is. There are too many people (particularly with covid) to make it relaxing or inviting. They told me that they were "full" the night before I checked in, but apparently are still using covid as an excuse to scale back restaurant offerings. There is pretty much nothing to eat on the property. Overall, I found the common spaces to be very underwhelming. The room is very small for a luxury hotel. The only unique thing was that the shower had body jets.

My biggest complaint was the staff though. I felt like they treated me like a convict. I was supposed to be able to check in 12pm with the American Express Fine Hotels program. I showed up at 2pm and they still didn't have a room available for me. Despite my name being the secondary on the reservation, they gave me a very hard time checking in. They were argumentative and condescending. When the Hilton app key wouldn't work in the elevator and left me stranded without my wallet on the first floor, they gave me a hard time about that too (seriously, it's my phone if my fingerprint opens it, and the app clearly showing my access is on my phone). Overall, the staff really left a poor taste in my mouth that wasn't salvaged by any other part of the experience. I would not choose to stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: November 2020
3  Thank anfdiva25
Reviewed 21 December 2020 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Roosevelt. We visit NOLA every year at Christmas and come to the lobby after dinner. Since we stayed here, we got to see the lobby when it was less crowded in the morning. All hotel staff were kind and helpful. The hostess at the restaurant was a little rude because we showed up after just getting in town without reservations but she seated us anyway and the food and other wait staff were excellent. I enjoyed the in room Nespresso machine. We will definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 453caitlinw
Etienne Tardy, Marketing at The Roosevelt New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2020

Dear 453caitlinw thank you for your comments;

We love welcoming you every year and this year was no exception. Your interaction with the hostess may have been the result of our overwhelming demand but hopefully the team as a whole made up for it ten fold. We appreciate you noticing our newer touches like the Nespresso - we strive for continual improvement to make your stay more comfortable. We will be ready when you are ready to come back and we hope to keep adding touches to keep earning your loyalty.

The entire team at the Roosevelt hotel.

Reviewed 13 December 2020 via mobile

My wife and I are sitting in the lobby getting ready to leave after two nights over a weekend in December. The Christmas decorations are stunning, but both of us are wondering...who exactly is the hotel trying to please? Because it’s certainly not the guests paying hundreds of dollars a night to stay here. While the guest hallways and elevators are well marked with reminders to wear masks, social distance, and sanitize, the lobby is another matter entirely. It is Grand Central Station for the holidays, where everyone is welcome the pandemic does not exist. At any given time, all day and all night, families and other groups of all ages crowd the space to take photos and loiter without a care in the world or a mask in sight. And management does precisely nothing to combat it. In fact, they seem to actively encourage it, with a counter set up to dispense sazeracs in cheap plastic cups to all comers and standing happy hours...all maskless, of course...lingering and chatting in the grand but still confined space. All this while the bell staff have to struggle through the space with guests luggage, and do their best to politely decline endless requests to snap family photos while they try to do their actual jobs. Yes, the room we had was lovely and an oasis of calm. But we would have appreciated having a chance to enjoy a drink in the lobby, which is already well designed for social distancing, without the chaos. Maybe that makes us spoil sports and we should have embraced the impromptu party that is New Orleans. Perhaps, but the point of a five star hotel is to take care of its guests first, and at least during this stay we never felt like guests. It really just felt like we were in the way.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravisS235
Etienne Tardy, Marketing at The Roosevelt New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2020

Dear TravisS235;

Thank you for choosing the Roosevelt hotel for you December stay. This year the hotel has been extremely focused on masks and keeping the crowds flowing through the lobby. We are very sorry this was not your experience. At this time based on your feedback we are removing the portable bar to create even better flow. We hope you will come back and visit us again. We assure you that in all other months our lobby is a breath taking respite from the titillating experience that is New Orleans.

Reviewed 23 November 2020

Since Covid-19 and the Pandemic has put our travel plans on hold we decided on a staycation getaway. We were certain that The Roosevelt in New Orleans would be following sanitary protocol. We were correct! Check in was easy and streamlined. Our room door had a sticker across it that showed the "clean seal" had not been broken. Even our remote control was wrapped & disinfected.
Knowing we were safe and healthy in our room we were able to relax and enjoy our room. The Roosevelt never disappoints me! The bed was comfortable, the pillows were plenty and my room had plenty of natural light.
The staff was exceptional. I have to say that Etienne Tardy (Director of Sales and Marketing) was a pleasure to speak to and deal with.
At the end of our trip we decided to check out the Spa. That was NOT a bad decision!
I will be planning another "staycation" vacation after the first of the year.

Date of stay: October 2020
3  Thank LesGrem
Etienne Tardy, Marketing at The Roosevelt New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2020

The entire team is delighted you enjoyed your time at the Roosevelt and that you felt safe in the environment we have adjusted to meet today's requirements. Thank you for the compliment (now you know who responds in Tripadvisor)
Have a heartfelt holiday and come back in the new year. We are grateful for the business and thankful for your loyalty.

Etienne Tardy & the entire team at the Roosevelt.