Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
US$144
US$138
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$117
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

Free cancellation until 21/07
US$212
US$182
  • Breakfast included
Royal St Charles Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$147
US$136
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

InterContinental New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$146
US$103
  • Fitness centre
Loews New Orleans Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$120
Loews Hotels
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

US$136
US$123
3,810 results
All reviewshermann housebourbon streetgreat locationfrench quarterthe main hotelhard boiled eggscontinental breakfasthotel baryogurtparking garagequiet streetwould stay here againbalcony roomfront desk staffsmall poolcharming hotelstaff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed 2 January 2005

My wife and I Just returned from a wonderful five days in New Orleans. It was my first time visiting The Big Easy and it surpassed all of my expectations. New Orleans is truly a wonderful city to visit, and from what I am told visiting in December when we did is the way to go.
As for the Dauphine, where to begin. We booked our room through Travelocity and got an excellent rate. The room was a standard room so our expectations were pretty basic. Actually, my wife and I are not into spending large sums of money on hotels since we hardly spend any time in the room other than to sleep. As long and the hotel is clean, centrally located, and the staff is friedly, we are happy. We arrived at our room and I was really dissapointed. The hallway (the 2nd floor) reeked of cigarette and bad smelling disinfectant, not a good sign. Our room itself was adequate as far as size but there were a lot of small unsatisfactory details. There was a dirty towel left on our bathroom floor, one of the lights in the bathroom was out, and the remote control to the T.V. wasn't working, and our folding closet doors were falling off their hinges. Not neccesarily big issues, but enough things to give an overall negative impression. We were too tired after a long day of flying to change rooms so we just made the best of it and decided to get to bed early to get an early start in the moring. About 2:00 I wake up shivering, I got out of bed to turn the heat up...nothing. The heater had broken. I put on a sweater and crawled back into bed.
The next moring I told the front desk of our situations and they immediatly offered us an upgrade to a suite. Of course, we accepted. They gave us the keys to three rooms and told us to check them out and pick the one we liked best. I think the suite we ended up with was the best suite in the main building. It was a corner suite on the third floor with three windows and two balconies. The sitting area was large, as was the room as a whole.
The complimentary breakfast at the hotel is great. Krispy Kreme donuts, cereal, fresh fruit, juice and bagels, and of course Belgian Waffles fresh from the iron. A really great way to start your day off.
Overall, our experience in the Dauphine was great. The location of the hotel is fantastic, the staff courteous, a generally nice place to stay for the money. Just make sure you pay the extra money for a suite, or ask for an upgrade, in our case the difference was night and day.

• Stayed: December 2004
8  Thank Lucero32
Reviewed 29 December 2004

The Dauphine Orleans is okay. It's in a good location, 1 block from Bourbon St. The room was cozy, except the fact that the beds were hard. I go to New Orleans once a month and I've stayed at many hotels in the French Quarter. There are a couple better ones for this price. I like Place d' Armes (do not get a windowless room), Le Pavillon (this one is not in the French Quarter, but is beautiful), and Hotel St. Marie (get a balcony room, its beautiful). Next time I go to New Orleans, I'm staying at Place d' Armes!

Reviewed 17 December 2004

An excellent hotel. The looks, service, and amenities you would expect at some fancy-shmancy five-star joint, but for realistic prices and with none of the attitude. The room was beautiful and tastefully appointed, the staff was courteous and helpful, and the bar was fantastic. We can't recommend this place enough.

5  Thank John P
A TripAdvisor Member
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 15 December 2004

I stayed at the Dauphine Orleans December 9 where my rate was $89 on the weekday nights and $119 on the weekends.

The bathroom was well-maintained, the sheets/pillow-cases clean, the bed comfortable. Only the carpet was a little worn.

Breakfast included bagels, sweet rolls, fruit, and hardboiled eggs.

The location was quiet, about a 10 minute walk from Jackson Square

Wasn't able to take advantage of the afternoon tea

The staff was very friendly

They offer a free shuttle service to anywhere in the French Quarter or Central Business District but if you want the true New Orleans Experience you should walk or take the streetcar. A visitor's pass only costs $12 for three days and one of the three streetcar lines goes to most museums, historic buildings, cemeteries, the zoo (with connecting free shuttle van) historic churches, parks in the city including the Art museum, children's amusement park, botanical garden at City Park. A good bus line runs down Magazine Street and another runs up Esplanade Avenue.

I will definitely stay here again

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 December 2004

We booked a regular room but were given a free upgrade to a suite for some reason we don't know about. Maybe it was slow that week. The suite was like a small cottage that opened up into a beautiful garden courtyard. The room itself was huge and beautiful, with rustic details such as exposed ceiling beams and a fireplace in the middle of the room. It was very private and quiet and we fantasized that this was our own cottage. There were nice touches, such as a large amount of nice towels in the bathroom, and bathrobes, one of which I purchased because I liked it so much. I thought the sheets were above average. My one complaint was that the bathroom only had a jacuzzi tub and NO SHOWER!!! I hate baths so this irked me. Also, the bathroom was in dire need of renovation. There were broken and collapsed tiles around the tub. Be sure to ask about the shower or lack thereof if you book a room. The location is TOP NOTCH!!! Also, the free continental breakfast is way above what you would expect. I would stay there again but make sure my room had a shower. Staff was friendly and the bar is very cool.

4  Thank AlanaJS