3,978 results
All reviews hermann house bourbon street great location french quarter the main hotel dauphine st continental breakfast hotel bar yogurt parking garage would stay here again front desk staff street noise balcony room charming hotel small pool staff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This is my second stay and it’s a New Orleans favorite for me. Close enough to Bourbon when you need a short walk to all of the action, but far enough from the noise when you need to relax.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. We arrived early & were allowed to check in prior to the allowed check-in time. The rooms are clean, neat and depending on where you stay can offer views of the pool.

The continental breakfast is plenty and can save you money. They have more than just muffins and doughnuts. It includes boiled eggs, waffles, toast, sausage, English muffins, cereal and arrangements of juices, coffee, teas.

We didn’t use the free drink tickets tis go round, but they do give them to all guests. As far a business center, there is only 1 computer in the hotel lobby for guest use.

I would return to this location again. Can't beat the location and the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sherie M
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I've stayed at the Dauphine Orleans with my family many times over the years. The last time was only a few months after Hurricane Katrina, in 2006. Although the French Quarter wasn't touched, the whole city had been evacuated and was suffering, and the hotel was almost empty. I'm glad to see it has recovered and it was going strong when I was there on two recent stays.

The first night was in the new courtyard annex across the street. The room was far more luxurious than I was expecting and worthy of a honeymoon couple. There is a quiet private courtyard, but no pool-- for that you would have to go across the street. There is no elevator on this side (the main hotel does). Some of the rooms are off a second-floor balcony, including ours. This was a very pleasant, quiet place to stay. I have added a photo of the courtyard.

The second night, we came back a week later and for the same price as the nice room we had before were "upgraded" to a room that wasn't actually nicer although it was slightly larger. It did have a balcony on the street. Dauphine Street is not a street that I particularly want to be on-- our room was right above the garage entrance and it was Saturday night. All night long till four in the morning there was noise, car alarms, police, and drunks fighting-- this is not the posh side of the Quarter. I will definitely check that I don't stay on the street side next time.

The air conditioning and bathrooms and mattresses were clean and comfortable, and there was an iron and ironing board in the room. (You can get wilted in the heat outside.) We didn't use the swimming pool these times but it was being used by happy children when I went to look. Not only is there a nice breakfast but the hotel keeps ice tea and lemon water available all day in big coolers.

All the employees I have met from the hotel seem very pleasant and competent and eager to help you enjoy New Orleans. The parking is by valet and is an additional cost, but you're lucky to have onsite parking at all in the Quarter. There is also a nice little bar.

The hotel is on the edge of a slightly iffy area, although its own block is fine. This is just because there is a lot of crime in New Orleans. Going one street in the wrong direction in this city can be a big mistake. My local contacts all warned me not to walk around after ten at night, but I did so until midnight (two of us) and had no problems. All the same, I know New Orleans and was careful to stay on well-populated streets as we did. The hotel is centrally located and a great place to walk out to see the city from.

All in all, it remains my New Orleans staple.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street. The swimming pool area can also be a bit noisy.
4  Thank Bracing
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Dauphine Orleans on July 22 and 23, 2012, thanks to the excellent service by all staff that attended to us. Special thanks to the gal that booked our dinner reservation on our behalf for Irene's Cuisine--superb food and service there as well but be sure to reserve early! It's packed there. As for our stay the first night, my daughter and I were awakened, although not spooked, by a strange shaking of our bed. As she is only 9 years old, she was a little scared and I could only tell her I thought we perhaps were in the middle of an mild earthquake for lack of a better explanation. The whole room was shaking but, strangely enough, my husband and 7 year-old son were sound asleep in the bed right next to us and even when I called out to my husband while the room was shaking at 12:15 a.m. on the morning of July 23, he kept snoring away and didn't awaken. The next day I confirmed that my daughter had indeed witnessed and heard the shaking of the bed and room and she confirmed we were both staring at each other and talked through it to calm ourselves a little! If that's not a haunting, I don't know what is! I swear we were both awake, not having a nightmare, and it lasted about 5 minutes, a long time when you think you're experiencing an earthquake! I consoled my daughter by telling her to go back to sleep after the shaking ended and that, if the earthquake was serious, we would most definitely be evacuated. As no alarm sounded, I too fell asleep. Later that day, everyone we asked, from the front desk to several guests at the pool, said there wasn't an earthquake and my husband and son both said they didn't hear or see anything at all. How weird! Nonetheless, I would recommend this hotel--whomever it was, it was probably friendly as we both fell back to sleep a few minutes later. We were in Room 307.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the entrance to the valet parking area and we weren't disturbed in the least by noise.
6  Thank Anna P
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Haven't stayed here in years, but it's still great. The room was spacious with a lovely balcony. Bed was very comfortable. The pillows were a bit hard for my taste but adequate. The room and bath were spotless and well maintained. The towels and lines were immaculate. The bath fixtures were modern and convenient. Pool area small but lovely...nice salt water pool. The included breakfast each morning was above average. Had your stand breads, waffles, & cereal. But went a step further with sausage, grits, fresh fruit (melon, strawberries etc .) and friendly staff to assist you. Overall a fabulous stay and just 2 blocks from Bourbon.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The staff was awesome, from the front desk, to the complimentary breakfast, to the parking valet, to the bar. The decor and facility were very European and cute. The pool was a bit small, but I loved the setting in the courtyard. Poor weather would be a problem for getting to breakfast as it was through the pool courtyard to another courtyard. The room was clean, the parking price was abominable - $32/night. But, the location was perfect, we didn't have to drive anywhere.

1  Thank PGayleB