“audoban cottages rock!!”

Dauphine Orleans Hotel
Ranked #46 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 3 May 2012

my wife and i recently returned to nawlins for this years jazz fest. we had met, lived and played in the city years back. i researched the different hotel offerings and had stayed in many places in the past. i certainly new what i wanted---an enchanted courtyard with a cozy dwelling. what we found at the recently renovated audoban cottages was more than our grandest expectaions! the place was immaculate and tranquil----not a peep--despite being in the french quarter. of course it helped that we were in cottage 4 in the middle of the block. my wife----an architect----could not take enough pictures of the place. our "personal butler" Roderick was there always and took care of all our needs. we had guests visit who live in nawlins and everyone agreed that "there was not a finer place to stay in new orleans"!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greg o
Write a ReviewReviews (3,573)

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Just returned from our 3rd year in a row staying at this hotel for Jazz Fest. The location is perfect--close to many great restaurants, shops, music, etc. Easy to get a cab outside.
Staff is friendly and efficient, hallways bright and clean, never a long wait for the elevator. Housekeeping is more than friendly, and does a great job each day.
Inside the room, the beds are super comfy and clean, plenty of closet space, bathroom in a double is efficient (upgrade if you need bigger), items that we used were replaced quickly.
Buffet style breakfast each day is much appreciated.

1  Thank Wren4
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stay at the Dauphine Orleans once a month for 2-3 nights each visit and every stay has been great. The beds are soooooo comfy, the pool/courtyard is very nice and the staff is awesome! Aiesha at the front desk ALWAYS makes me feel so welcome and puts me in the best room possible! The rates are usually very reasonable and the parking is right there at the hotel-the parking is pricey but ALL parking in NOLA is, so having the garage right at the hotel is a big plus.
This is my hotel of choice anytime I visit New Orleans!

Room Tip: Rm 211 is small but very nice overlooking the pool/courtyard with a balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I highly recommend the Dauphine Orleans Hotel. I stayed there last week and it was delightful. Friendly staff and great location. The property is beautiful and the afternoon cookies and tea/lemonade were a nice touch. I had a room that opened onto a shared balcony overlooking the street and it was the perfect place for conversation and people watching. I will definitely make a return trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room. I enjoyed the street view, but they also have balcony rooms that open to a...
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I've stayed in several different hotels in the French Quarter, but absolutely loved the location of the Dauphine Orleans. It's a smaller hotel, but the service is great and the staff is super nice and accomodating. They sent us a complimentary bottle of champagne for our bachelorette party, which was a really nice, unexpected gesture. We stayed in the main building, and the rooms were nice, but nothing fancy. The courtyard area is beautiful and the complimentary breakfast is basic but good. I would definitely stay here again! Next time I would shoot for a balcony room. I did a LOT of research, and this hotel was a great value compared to comparable properties. I would say the only downfall was that there is really no on-site restaurant (there is a bar but they don't serve food), so we had to get some food delivered from the bar across the street when we were hanging out at the pool. It wasn't a big deal because we didn't plan on eating meals at the hotel anyway. Overall, I would definitely recommend it!

1  Thank jamieb53