Review Highlights
My girls loved the bubble interactive

The museum has many more interactive abut my kids loved the bubble pulley system.  The spent turn... read more

Reviewed 14 June 2020
marktraynor
Orlando, Florida
Filled an afternoon

We took our boys, 3 and 5, to this museum while visiting New Orleans to get them worn out a bit... read more

Reviewed 3 January 2020

from US$20.21
from US$38.00
from US$62.04
More Info
All reviews older kids free play rainy day exhibits pulley blast admission activity
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Just so you know, this is a kid writing this review. It was a really nice experience. Anyone who has a child and comes here on vacation needs to visit here. My favorite exhibit was the child-sized grocery store. My mom ans I had the best time ever here... it was really close to our hotel, the products in the gift shop were amazing and, overall, I give it a 100 out of 5 stars :3

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 19 May 2018

This is a wonderful place for Children to spend a hot (or rainy) day in New Orleans. We loved all of the exhibits and abundance of books available to read within every room and exhibit! I agree with the previous reviewer that some parts of the museum are starting to look rundown, but we had a wonderful time and hope to go back soon!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Really a lovely time at the Museum, lots to do and lots of space. My daughter had a blast - we spent almost two hours there, didn't get to do everything and she would have happily stayed. Price was right, and there were not only tons for little ones to do and play and explore, but there was a nice focus on NOLA history, commerce and culture as well. Having been to these types of museums in multiple cities, I was quite impressed. Some exhibits and games weren't open or working, and some areas looked a little tired and well-used, but that's gonna happen anywhere. What a fun, cool and interactive time for my daughter - we will absolutely be back on our next trip. Fun stuff - thanks!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I remember coming here as a child and thought it was awesome! My daughter and I were here over this past weekend and we thought it was great. She is a 5 year old. The issue I saw was that a lot of things were worn down, missing parts, or didn't have instructions. For example the pully system really didn't teach my child what she was supposed to do or what she was learning from it. It asked the questions of what was different about them. She understood that three of them were increasingly difficult to pull, but I thought the point would be to have an understanding of why. That was left to me to explain which as a parent I should be responsible for doing. I was only hoping for more exploration and questions from my child about the exhibits.

Overall I was happy my daughter had fun, but was surprised by the lack of staff and run down equipment.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 4 January 2018

My grandchildren went on a Friday with their parents and then loved it so much and talked it up so much they convinced us grandparents to take them back for a second day in a row visit. We were so impressed with everything. From the bubble works area to the grocery store to the throwing speed to the art/crafts area to the science/fun learning to the air hockey game teaching angles, etc, etc. The price of $8.50 was well were it and we spent at least two hours there. Well done!!!

Date of experience: December 2017