“Really GREAT seafood!”

Galliano Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Galliano Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #122 of 2,093 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$8 - US$65
Neighbourhood: Arts District – Warehouse District
Neighbourhood: Arts District – Warehouse District
Reviewed 29 March 2018

This place is fantastic. I was hesitant bc people said it was "overrated" on here. No way. This is a great bistro. Relaxed vibe, very nice staff and delicious food. It is kid-friendly and has a kids menu and highchairs. The hush-puppies were amazing. The catfish off the kids menu was some of the freshest, largest fillets i have ever seen and tasted. Very impressive to not short the kiddos. My husband got the generous helping of fried chicken and red beans & rice-enough for two people. I ordered the Seafood Carillion (I am spelling it incorrectly but it was seafood in a tomato stew It was some of the best food I have eaten. It was so good! And a very generous portion. A great choice for couples, family, groups and business.

1  Thank runash202

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I tried jambalaya at 3 restaurants during our recent trip to NOLA. Galliano's had the best jambalaya out of the three. Try the rougaroux drink. It was the bomb, lots of flavor and not too sweet. In fact we went back the next night just for drinks. Our was great, the bartender was great. I would come back on my next trip.

1  Thank StenaJoy
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped in with some friends for dinner, drinks and wine. Gumbo was traditional featuring okra and andouille sausage. Jambalaya was flavorful and main course portions appropriately sized and priced. Servicer attitude was mediocre. Our table top was sticky which was a turn off. Easy in and out. Would definitely try again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Was pleased to get early evening reservation for 12 on a Sunday night. When we arrived for our reservation the restaurant was closed. We could see staff inside, so I called to confirm the reservation, and was told that we did have a reservation at 5:30 and that the restaurant did not open until 5:30. They made us and about 10 more customers stand outside for 10 minutes waiting for them to open their doors. When they did open the doors, our party are seated at two tables even though there were several tables from which two could have been used to accommodate our party. This was especially disappointing given the wait on the street to enter the restaurant.
Once inside the good was very good, as was the service from wait staff. All in the group were happy with the food that was served. An inability to obtain multiple checks at a table was the final problem that made this dinner less pleasant than expected.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This was our first time here. It is a small rustic type casual restaurant, an easy walk from Harrahs Casino. We ordered all appetizers to share, rather than a meal. The She crab chowder was a disappointment because we expected the east coast version of this soup. Also had duck wings (which were all just the end bony part of the wing). The wings were too spicy for me but my grandaughter liked them. The chargrilled oysters were a disappointment (after having Drago’s) and the bbq shrimp and spinach salad were nothing special. However, dessert was outstanding! We had both the bread pudding and pear apple cobbler. I would for sure go back just for dessert and those great hushpuppies which are the best I have ever had. Next time we will forget the appetizers and order a regular meal and, of course, dessert!